News / New Loadstar LongRead: South-east Asia ports on the cusp of change
The increasing ability of Asia’s secondary ports to handle some of the largest box ships ...
News / Ports need to think outside the box to make their terminals more cost-effective
Pressure is mounting on container ports to improve efficiency in terminal operations, as wholesale change ...
News / Delay-hit Felixstowe loses another service as CMA CGM switches Epic 1
CMA CGM heaped further misery on the port of Felixstowe this week by announcing it would withdraw ...
Premium / Analysis: bears get that sinking feeling as HPH Trust gets into deep water
Comment: Six years ago, Hutchinson Port Holdings (HPH) Trust’s IPO grabbed the headlines. Not only was ...
News / DP World unveils $1billion project to develop greenfield container port in Ecuador
DP World has won a concession to develop and operate a new container facility in ...
News / IMO urges 'pragmatic' approach for first three months of new container VGM rules
The IMO has urged regulators to take a “pragmatic” approach to the new SOLAS VGM ...
Recommends / Hutchison Port bets on more mega-ships calling at Shenzhen
Hutchison is further expanding its facilities in Yantian, Shenzhen. It has already opened a new ...
Recommends / Hutchison Ports’ sacking of workers by midnight text takes bastardry to a new low
Last week Hutchison Ports Holdings announced the redundancies of scores of dockworkers in Brisbane and ...
News / Jan Westerhoud steps down as chief executive of Rotterdam operator ECT
Rotterdam’s largest container terminal operator, Europe Combined Terminals (ECT), has announced that chief executive Jan ...
- 1.DSV Panalpina ends freighter contract with Atlas, with more staff set to go
- 2.On the wires: The Kuehne + Nagel shrinkage continues – where to now?
- 3.APL England master arrested as specialists move in to clean up beach debris
- 4.Against the odds: The Spirit decision makes DSV sexy? Hardly
- 5.Inspection reveals 'inadequate lashing' and rusty securing points on APL England
- 1. Chaminda Gunasekera on E-commerce air cargo volumes the 'saviour' for many last-mile logistics firms
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on BIFA bites back at 'rubbish' prophecies of forwarders' death-by-tech
- 3. Gary Ferrulli on Platts monthly commentary: As demand begins to revive, fears of a new Asia-Europe rates war mount
- 4. email@example.com on Airlines must see cargo as a 'core business' from now on
- 5. Jonny Kery on E-commerce air cargo volumes the 'saviour' for many last-mile logistics firms