APM Terminals Headlines
News / Swedish docker unions clash as ports lock out striking workers
Sweden’s container ports have been crippled by a mass walkout by dockers, following a row over union representation. A spokesperson ...
Recommends / Dubai's DP World seeks to quash India antitrust probe over Mumbai port
The Competition Commission of India has confirmed that it is investigating a complaint about anti-competitive ...
News / Revitalised Panama Canal now eyes expansion of port and logistics capacity
Following a strong year in terms of growth in vessel transits, the Panama Canal Authority ...
News / APM Terminals sells its stake in Turkey's Petlim container terminal
APM Terminals is selling its stake in Turkey’s Petlim container terminal, near Izmir, having reached an ...
News / Fears over future container terminal capacity as investors get cold feet
Declining returns on invested capital (ROIC) in the container port sector has led to fewer terminal projects ...
News / Ports and forwarders sign up for Maersk/IBM blockchain platform, but not the carriers
Efforts to migrate logistics companies towards blockchain systems are increasing, with Maersk and IBM’s collaborative effort ...
News / Ports and their equipment suppliers aim to set standards for a hi-tech future
The disconnect between container ports and the industry that supplies its equipment could be partially ...
News / Maersk sets course for cost-cutting programme after unveiling first-quarter losses
Maersk Line will cull unprofitable services, cut capacity and reduce feedering in an urgent bid ...
People / Henrik Pedersen to leave APMT to become CEO of ABP
Associated British Ports (ABP) has appointed former APM Terminals’ chief commercial officer, Henrik Pedersen as ...
- 1.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 4.Transpacific BCOs 'sitting on their hands' as spot rates tumble
- 5.Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 1. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 2. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 3. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Moronkola Olatunde on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you