News / MUA strike action at port of Melbourne under fire for its 'bad timing'
In a new blow to Australia’s buckling container supply chains, industrial action at Victoria International ...
News / Australia calls on carriers for sweeper vessels to clear empty-box logjam
Transport operators in Australia have called on shipping lines for more ‘sweeper’ vessels to alleviate ...
News / New round of industrial action to hit DP World Freemantle on Xmas Day
A torrid year for Australia’s ports and shipping will be capped by a futher round ...
News / Australian stevedores getting richer, but customers seeing poorer service
Controversial terminal access charges have again helped Australia’s stevedores to increase revenue and profit margins, ...
News / Despite peace talks at Port Botany, container congestion remains critical
Box congestion at Sydney’s port Botany remains “critical”, with the continuing surplus of empty containers ...
News / Already-stretched Australian supply chains hit by container park congestion
Sydney’s storage areas for empty containers are full, further jamming-up Australia’s stretched supply chains. Bad weather, ...
News / Australia braces for container storage crisis as more imports arrive
Australia’s coronavirus lockdown and collapse in consumer demand could trigger a container storage crisis. As reported ...
News / More anger in Australia as DP World announces higher terminal access fees
DP World Australia (DPW) is to increase terminal access fees for import containers from May, ...
- 1.Outlook for large widebodies looks chilly in a hot freighter conversion market
- 2.ONE Apus and Maersk Eindhoven may be back on course this month
- 3.Shipping lines start to give Myanmar a miss as protests impact supply chains
- 4.M&A radar: AP Møller-Mærsk LCL benchmark deal rumoured – our shortlist
- 5.Amazon Air close to building a freighter network to carry third-party volumes
- 1. [email protected] on UK fashion houses hit out at post-Brexit 'hidden costs' for EU customers
- 2. Mike Wackett on Shipper credulity strained after 2M's last-minute Asia-Europe blanking
- 3. [email protected] on Manila terminal chief pleads with owners to collect cargo as reefers pile up
- 4. [email protected] on Mind the gap: Netherlands vs Belgium in the container port business
- 5. [email protected] on Big ambitions at Gdansk, but infrastructure could be a snag