Shipping Australia Headlines
Recommends / Why empty shipping containers are piling up in Australia
You don’t have to be an Australian supply chain operator for this article to be ...
People / Melwyn Noronha steps up to take over as CEO of Shipping Australia
Liner association Shipping Australia has promoted Melwyn Noronha (pictured above) to be its next chief ...
News / Union backs off until November at Sydney, but port delays and congestion run on
Port operations resumed unhindered at DP World’s Sydney terminal over the weekend, after the Maritime ...
News / Australia’s crisis-hit shipping industry now providing a 'third-world' service
Australia’s shipping industry is in “disarray”, according to angry forwarders and transport operators. They claim Sydney’s ...
News / Australian supply chains threatened by containership crew-change crisis
As the crew-change crisis inexplicably drags on, Shipping Australia has warned that vessels will soon ...
News / Shipper relief as Australia's plan for biosecurity levy is scrapped
Australian shippers breathed a sigh of relief today with the scrapping of the controversial plan ...
News / Australia braces for container storage crisis as more imports arrive
Australia’s coronavirus lockdown and collapse in consumer demand could trigger a container storage crisis. As reported ...
News / Australian dockers' union in quarantine dispute over Chinese box ship
Citing coronavirus concerns, dockworkers in Melbourne have refused to unload a containership carrying “critical medical ...
News / Call to 'designate seafarers as key workers' to keep supply chains moving
The shipping industry has called for seafarers to be designated as key workers, to keep ...
- 1.Criticism rains down on DB Schenker, but loss of EU-UK services may spread
- 2.Customer anger as DB Schenker suspends Europe-UK road freight services
- 3.IT problem at Maersk not another cyber-attack, says HQ
- 4.Why empty shipping containers are piling up in Australia
- 5.Scrapping plans abandoned as 'aggressive' box carriers hunt available tonnage
- 1. Jason on Why the first weeks of Brexit have been a disaster
- 2. Rayhan ahmed on More misery for apparel houses as air freight rates ex-Bangladesh double
- 3. John Juul Knudsen on Criticism rains down on DB Schenker, but loss of EU-UK services may spread
- 4. Vikas on Space on box ships out of Asia now going, going, gone – to the highest bidder
- 5. Stefan Robert on New restrictions in China as Covid-19 is found on frozen food imports again