Shipping Australia Headlines
News / Union backs off until November at Sydney, but port delays and congestion run on
Port operations resumed unhindered at DP World’s Sydney terminal over the weekend, after the Maritime ...
News / Australia’s crisis-hit shipping industry now providing a 'third-world' service
Australia’s shipping industry is in “disarray”, according to angry forwarders and transport operators. They claim Sydney’s ...
News / Australian supply chains threatened by containership crew-change crisis
As the crew-change crisis inexplicably drags on, Shipping Australia has warned that vessels will soon ...
News / Shipper relief as Australia's plan for biosecurity levy is scrapped
Australian shippers breathed a sigh of relief today with the scrapping of the controversial plan ...
News / Australia braces for container storage crisis as more imports arrive
Australia’s coronavirus lockdown and collapse in consumer demand could trigger a container storage crisis. As reported ...
News / Australian dockers' union in quarantine dispute over Chinese box ship
Citing coronavirus concerns, dockworkers in Melbourne have refused to unload a containership carrying “critical medical ...
News / Call to 'designate seafarers as key workers' to keep supply chains moving
The shipping industry has called for seafarers to be designated as key workers, to keep ...
- 1.Market Insight: Mærsk to Schenker & friends: 'You're welcome. Now leave us alone.'
- 2.Forwarders slam Maersk: 'moving from supplier to becoming a competitor'
- 3.Warning to air charterers: phantom freighter scams on the rise
- 4.Carriers are using digitalisation to marginalise us, say forwarders
- 5.Maersk in deal to provide global logistics to deliver Covid vaccine for Covaxx
- 1. Christopher Osborne on $5,000+ a box from Asia to Felixstowe – 'the idea is to stop people booking'
- 2. Peter Friedmann on Container shortages a growing problem for US agriculture shippers
- 3. Ken Mason on More warnings of price rises, as logistics firms feel 'left in the dark' over Brexit
- 4. Jordi Espin on Ocean carriers chasing premium rates are disrupting the supply chain, claims
- 5. [email protected] on Importers angry as UK box ports buckle under 'abnormal demand'