Arise surcharges Headlines
Recommends / Lines slap war risk surcharges on Venezuela shipments
Shippers seeking capacity in and out of Venezuela will have to face up to higher ...
News / 'Forwarders should not pay surcharges on boxes that are not clean or need repair'
Fiata has recommended forwarders don’t pay surcharges for containers that have not been cleaned or maintained, ...
News / Carriers defend new street turn charges shippers say are 'insane'
Shipping lines have defended what shippers described as “insane” charges for ‘street turns’, claiming customers will ...
News / Expecting demand boom, Samskip introduces pre-Brexit peak surcharge
European shortsea shipping line and multimodal operator Samskip is planning a pre-Brexit peak volume surcharge ...
News / US shipper fury as container lines announce 'insane' street turn fees
US agricultural shippers and forwarders have lashed out at “insane” and “appalling” “huge mistake” by shipping lines, ...
News / Shippers claim carriers' 2020 fuel surcharges are too costly and too early
Shippers remain unconvinced of the justification for the size of the surcharge ocean carriers are proposing to cover ...
News / Anger grows among UK hauliers as shipping lines enforce loading 'surcharges'
Forwarders and shippers are trapped in a “self-perpetuating cycle of misery”, brought about by the ...
News / Barge operators hit by new charges as Rhine water levels sink to new lows
Barge operators have been hit by water levels along the Rhine being at their lowest in almost ...
News / Bugs – could be the biggest issue in container shipping since VGM
The Global Shippers’ Forum (GSF) has warned that the “biggest issue since VGM [container weighing]” ...
News / Shippers are being 'left in the dark' as carriers look to recover IMO 2020 costs
There has been insufficient mainstream publicity on the IMO’s 2020 global emissions regulation for shipping, ...
- 1.'An end to shipping alliances would see freight rates skyrocket'
- 2.Bimco goes grim, predicting a weak peak season for container shipping this year
- 3.Court orders seizure of five Volga-Dnepr AN-124s on safety grounds
- 4.First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 5.More M&A in forwarding likely, as major players feel the need to 'keep up'
- 1. Jonathon Harris on Asia-North Europe carriers announce rate hikes ahead of peak season
- 2. Gagan Deep on First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Volga-Dnepr leaseback deal brings three new 777Fs, despite market turbulence
- 4. jeff Lozinski on US pushes for blockchain solution to better control pharma supply chain
- 5. Russ Green on Farewell to a freight industry veteran and friend, journalist Ian Martin Jones