Port positions Headlines
News / Elbe deepening now crucial as throughput at port of Hamburg is still falling
Container throughput at the port of Hamburg declined for the second consecutive year in 2018. The ...
News / Hamburg sees market share drift to rivals as draught restrictions begin to bite
The arrival of more 20,000 teu-plus megaships has resulted in “a steady shift of market ...
News / Fears over future container terminal capacity as investors get cold feet
Declining returns on invested capital (ROIC) in the container port sector has led to fewer terminal projects ...
News / Hamburg and Rotterdam lead the way in call for data sharing among ports
Two of Europe’s largest container gateways, Rotterdam and Hamburg, today revealed that they have been involved in ‘unprecedented ...
News / Middle East ports' appetite for capacity expansion won't be satisfied by volumes
The Middle East Gulf region could be faced with substantial overcapacity of container terminal and ...
News / Dispute at Gothenburg pushes container traffic to capital's expanding port
The continuing stand-off between labour and management at Sweden’s main box gateway of Gothenburg is ...
News / PSA reaps reward of partnerships with container lines at Singapore port
Singapore terminal operator PSA saw the benefits of partnering with major shipping lines at its ...
News / Westports eyes THE Alliance services to compensate 2017 throughput drop
Port Klang terminal operator Westports suffered a 9% drop in container throughput last year. In an ...
News / Asian volumes still switching to Canadian ports from US hubs as fears grow over rates
Growth at US west coast ports has been overshadowed by increases for the Canadian hubs ...
News / Size isn't always important, especially when it comes to port connectivity
Shippers looking for more direct calls in the third choice of export ports may do ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 3.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 4.Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?