News / Economic double-whammy and softening demand add to pressure on box carriers
A slowdown in European economies and fallout from US-China trade war has upped the risk ...
News / Race to beat tariffs drives Asia to US air rates up as peak season looms
Transpacific eastbound looks set to be the tradelane in highest demand as air freight progresses ...
News / Transpacific on crest of a peak season wave, but trade war tariff hikes loom
Transpacific-serving ocean carriers are adding sailings from Asia to the US west and east coasts as ...
News / MSC to axe prestigious Eagle service as pressure grows on transpacific rates
The world’s two biggest container lines, Maersk Line and MSC, are closing a number of ...
News / Cascading of bigger box ships brings headaches for vessel planners
Some 30 ships with an average capacity of 11,700 teu will be replaced by larger newbuild ...
News / Spot rates rebound and carriers now need self-discipline before peak season
Container spot rates this week reacted positively to carriers’ 1 May GRIs, gaining more than 30% ...
News / Carrier reliability reaches new nadir in Q1 as premium services gain ground
Ocean carrier schedule reliability is heading towards a new two-year low point, opening the way ...
News / Container shipping market looking more buoyant, despite overcapacity
Despite overcapacity fears from a flood of newbuild ultra-large ships, as well as recent container ...
News / Box lines forced to play a weak hand in transpacific contract talks
The timing for ocean carriers to negotiate annual transpacific contracts is “the worst possible”, according to ...
- 1.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 4.Transpacific BCOs 'sitting on their hands' as spot rates tumble
- 5.Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 1. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 2. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 3. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Moronkola Olatunde on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you