Asia-US east coast Headlines
News / Buoyant ocean carriers set to roll out peak season surcharges months early
Carriers bring out their peak season surcharges – four months early
News / No rate relief for ocean shippers as hopes of usual post-CNY slump sink
Ocean carriers are determined to keep container spot rates at their highly elevated levels for ...
News / Zim agrees long-term charters for ten LNG boxships for alliance loop
Israeli carrier Zim has agreed 12-year charters with non-operating containership owner Seaspan for ten 15,000 teu LNG-fuelled ...
News / No slack season, no easing of spot rates, as cargo pours out of Asia
Shippers are resigned to the probability that container spot freight rates from Asia will remain ...
News / Rates misery for ocean shippers set to continue after Chinese New Year
Shippers face many more months of inflated freight rates, as ocean carriers show no sign ...
News / Asia-Europe ocean spot rates sail into calmer waters as boxes are returned
Container shipping spot freight rates on the Asia-North Europe trade declined 2.7% this week – ...
News / Spot rates ease – but it could be too little, too late for some
Container spot rates have peaked and appear to be declining slightly on the main tradelanes, ...
News / Asia-Europe carriers have 'gone too far' and will 'live to regret their gluttony'
There are signs that spot rates from Asia to Europe might be beginning to cool ...
Premium / On the wires: The container freight story at a granular level
Comment: Analysing container freight rates per nautical mile can tell a different story to the macro ...
News / Space on box ships out of Asia now going, going, gone – to the highest bidder
Major forwarders are engaged in fierce bidding wars in China, in order to secure equipment ...
News / No happy new year for shippers as rates on major tradelanes stay sky high
The final Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) for 2020, published on 31 December, recorded a ...
News / The real cost of ocean freight out of Asia is hitting 'unbelievable' heights
Notwithstanding further rate spikes this week, the Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) is still understating ...
- 1.Outlook for large widebodies looks chilly in a hot freighter conversion market
- 2.ONE Apus and Maersk Eindhoven may be back on course this month
- 3.M&A radar: AP Møller-Mærsk LCL benchmark deal rumoured – our shortlist
- 4.Buoyant ocean carriers set to roll out peak season surcharges months early
- 5.Shipper and haulier anger at Liverpool as UK port congestion spreads north
- 1. [email protected] on UK fashion houses hit out at post-Brexit 'hidden costs' for EU customers
- 2. Mike Wackett on Shipper credulity strained after 2M's last-minute Asia-Europe blanking
- 3. [email protected] on Manila terminal chief pleads with owners to collect cargo as reefers pile up
- 4. [email protected] on Mind the gap: Netherlands vs Belgium in the container port business
- 5. [email protected] on Big ambitions at Gdansk, but infrastructure could be a snag