News / Hamburg and Rotterdam lead the way in call for data sharing among ports
Two of Europe’s largest container gateways, Rotterdam and Hamburg, today revealed that they have been involved in ‘unprecedented ...
People / Flexport opens Hamburg office headed by Janis Bargsten
Flexport has appointed Janis Bargsten (pictured) director of accounts for the Austria, Germany, and Switzerland ...
Recommends / German antitrust agency fines tug operators
Three tug companies are facing fines of more than $15m by the German antitrust regulator ...
News / Things may be looking up for Europe's ports, say analysts, but growth is slowing
North European ports may finally have rebounded: analysts are reporting a prosperous first half to ...
News / Tempers rise as Hamburg container port expansion is awarded to Chinese consortium
A storm is brewing in the city of Hamburg over the port authority awarding the ...
News / Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
Shippers wishing to book space on container vessels from North Europe to Asia are still ...
Recommends / Port of Hamburg stops the rot
Port of Hamburg has reversed 2015’s disastrous 9.3% decline in container throughput, handling 8.9m teu ...
News / Elbe deepening will go ahead, but Port of Hamburg must meet green targets first
Germany’s Federal Administrative Court in Leipzig has rubber stamped, in principle, Port of Hamburg’s plans ...
News / Port of Hamburg sees Elbe dredging as crucial to regaining lost throughput
The long-running saga of the deepening of the river Elbe will be decided this year ...
News / Strong Q3 sees port of Rotterdam bounce back ahead of alliance network rejig
Container throughput at the port of Rotterdam edged down just 0.4% in the first nine ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 3.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 4.Carriers wield the axe on more Asia-North Europe sailings to 'stop the rot'
- 5.Toll Group opts for Kontainers as forwarder plans online booking service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?