Port of Los Angeles Headlines
News / US import spike set to run into summer as west coast ports struggle
Container freight and charter markets are continuing to boom post-Chinese New Year, and analysts expect ...
News / Carriers eye alternate ports as congestion at LA-Long Beach tightens
As the epic congestion at the largest marine gateway complex in the US shows no signs ...
News / US FMC orders carriers and terminals to explain 'excessive' D&D charges
US marine regulatory agency the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) is to order container lines serving Los Angeles, ...
Premium / Snapshot: Port volumes as muddy as hell
Comment: Preliminary port throughput data for the world’s largest 25 container ports is now published.
News / Port of LA offers $7.5m 'beat congestion' incentive to terminal operators
The port of Los Angeles (PoLA) is stepping up its battle against congestion at its ...
News / Spot rates ease – but it could be too little, too late for some
Container spot rates have peaked and appear to be declining slightly on the main tradelanes, ...
Recommends / Calls to vaccinate California port workers to prevent shutdown
If things weren’t difficult enough at the Los Angeles/Long Beach container hub gateway, what with ...
News / Port of LA sets up digital-security centre as cyber-crime 'goes corporate'
The port of Los Angeles has taken a decisive step to combat cyber-criminals targeting its ...
News / Container freight rates from Asia surge to new highs – 'it's gone mad'
Container freight rates from Asia continued to surge this week, reaching highs far in excess ...
News / FMC cracks down on alliances after complaints of 'unreasonable practices'
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has tightened the screws on the three major ocean ...
News / Wave of Asian imports engulfs more US ports, driving up costs
The wave of imports that has overwhelmed Los Angeles and Long Beach has spread to ...
News / An 'uphill battle for shippers' on the transpacific as carriers shy away from contracts
As Asia-US demand continues to surge, BCOs are struggling to ship contracted cargo and are ...
- 1.Outlook for large widebodies looks chilly in a hot freighter conversion market
- 2.ONE Apus and Maersk Eindhoven may be back on course this month
- 3.M&A radar: AP Møller-Mærsk LCL benchmark deal rumoured – our shortlist
- 4.Buoyant ocean carriers set to roll out peak season surcharges months early
- 5.Shipper and haulier anger at Liverpool as UK port congestion spreads north
- 1. [email protected] on UK fashion houses hit out at post-Brexit 'hidden costs' for EU customers
- 2. Mike Wackett on Shipper credulity strained after 2M's last-minute Asia-Europe blanking
- 3. [email protected] on Manila terminal chief pleads with owners to collect cargo as reefers pile up
- 4. [email protected] on Mind the gap: Netherlands vs Belgium in the container port business
- 5. [email protected] on Big ambitions at Gdansk, but infrastructure could be a snag