Paradoxes of Port Productivity Headlines
Recommends / Ports lag other industries when it comes to automation
Ports are failing in the race to automate, with other sectors leaving them behind the ...
Recommends / Time for terminal transformation?
The paradigms of the port industry are undergoing fundamental transformation – facilities built decades ago ...
News / Innovative BLOK-BEAM empty box handling could save shipping industry billions
A new system to improve productivity in empty container handling at quaysides is set to be unveiled in ...
News / Productivity is declining at the world's biggest ports, 'but mega-boxships are not to blame'
Despite carrier pleas that port services need to improve in order to efficiently handle ultra-large container ...
Comment / Ports America decides to move out – a blessing in disguise for west coast port of Oakland?
US terminal operator Ports America has decided to end its 50-year concession at the west ...
Asian, Mid-East ports maintain port productivity lead
Following on from our port productivity long read released this month, the Journal of Commerce ...
News / Hong Kong port 'at the crossroads' – it must expand to stay in the big league
Lack of yard space, regional competition and the impact of mega-ships and mega-alliances all mean ...
News / The dilemma for container terminal builders: are the liner customers there?
The disconnect between the ordering of new container vessels and the building of terminals to ...
News / Will bigger ships and more transhipment compromise terminal efficiency? Discuss
Port congestion has started to creep back onto the agenda when talking container terminals at ...
- 1.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 4.Transpacific BCOs 'sitting on their hands' as spot rates tumble
- 5.Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 1. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 2. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 3. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Moronkola Olatunde on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you