News / US west coast ports suffer 'tariff hangover' in the first quarter as volumes fall
US west coast ports suffered most from a “tariff hangover” effect in 2019’s first three ...
News / US automotive tariffs would have a serious impact on global supply chains
As carriers to struggle with overcapacity, the impact of potential US automotive tariffs is only ...
News / Shippers increasingly unhappy with the performance of shipping lines - but airline satisfaction grows
Shippers and forwarders are increasingly dissatisfied with the performance of shipping lines, according to a ...
News / To ease post-Brexit congestion, 'trailer traffic could be switched to containers'
UK container terminals and European shortsea box carriers have enough capacity to handle some 20% ...
News / Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?
Rising demand and improved freight rates in the second half of last year enabled ocean ...
News / Shippers want more transparency from those who handle their ocean freight
Shippers have called on carriers, infrastructure operators and freight service providers to improve visibility in ...
News / Asia-Europe carriers must 'think outside the box' to counter impact of new tonnage
High capacity and low demand will leave ocean carriers on Asia-North Europe routes in a ...
News / Container manufacturers and lessors facing a tough year as prices tumble
The container manufacturing industry is on course to post a staggering loss this year. According to ...
News / How BCOs can navigate the choppy waters of the carriers' new fuel surcharges
As transpacific ocean carriers approach a new season of contract negotiations with BCOs, supply chain ...
News / With new ULCVs on the horizon, another Asia-Europe loop was 'inevitable'
With its member lines receiving a large number of newbuild ULCVs this year the addition ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 3.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 4.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 5.South Korean carriers SinoKor and Heung-A to merge container operations
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?