New ship alliances shape up Headlines
Recommends / HMM expected to part ways with 2M Alliance
Speculative article from Business Korea on what the country’s largest container carrier, Hyundai Merchant Marine ...
News / Container shipping alliances now planning to set course for Latin America trades
The major deepsea alliances could begin to extend their joint service network to secondary north-south ...
News / Bigger is not better in box shipping, say shippers who want better service
Consolidation in container shipping is eroding shippers’ trust in the sector. There are calls for carriers ...
News / PSA grows its business 'despite industry chaos and economic disruption'
Singapore-based port operator PSA International said it managed to grow its container terminal business last ...
News / Box lines will reap consolidation benefits, but 'shippers need not be alarmed'
Despite the radical changes in the container shipping landscape, that will see almost 80% of ...
News / Shortsea operators suffer as new ocean alliances put feeders out of work
Hub-and-spoke feeder calls have fallen “drastically” following this year’s deepsea container carrier alliance reshuffle. According to X-Press Feeders’ ...
News / Hong Kong secures its shipping hub status with nod to vessel-sharing agreements
The Hong Kong Competition Commission has issued a five-year block exemption order for liner shipping ...
News / Container lines could be banking $5bn in profits this year, says Drewry
Strong cargo growth, driven by vigorous retail restocking, will result in global demand growth this year ...
News / Westports the first shipping hub to suffer a downside from alliance reshuffle
Malaysia’s Westports facilities at Port Klang has lost out to nearby competitors in the ocean ...
News / Maersk turns Hamburg Süd blue at the top, but business model will sail on
Maersk Line is wasting no time in putting its blue stamp on the executive board ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 3.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 4.Carriers wield the axe on more Asia-North Europe sailings to 'stop the rot'
- 5.Toll Group opts for Kontainers as forwarder plans online booking service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?