IMO 2020 Headlines
News / Grim outlook for carriers: Drewry cuts box shipping growth forecast again
The outlook for container shipping has deteriorated further in the past three months, resulting in another ...
News / MPC Container Ships expects second-half scrubber boost to charter rates after posting interim loss
An IMO 2020-driven recovery in time charter rates for container tonnage has only recently filtered ...
Comment / Analysis: Customers set to pay bill for greener AP Møller-Mærsk
Quietly, on a mid-summer morning, the management of AP Møller-Mærsk (APMM) talked up the half-year ...
News / Carriers' gamble with scrubbers 'vindicated', says Alphaliner
The decision by shipowners to invest in retrofitting their vessels with scrubber systems in order ...
News / Scrubber retrofitting driving a spike in the charter market
Ocean carriers are biting the bullet and agreeing charters for significantly higher daily rates as ...
Comment / Supply chain radar: APMM hunts bolt-on deals, hopes to hedge new low-sulphur regulation risk
Danish shipping behemoth AP Møller–Mærsk (APMM) has an interesting take on what’s happened to world ...
News / As pressure grows, Indonesia backs down on IMO 2020 defiance
The Indonesian government appears to have made a complete u-turn on its announcement last month ...
RTR: Dirty shipping fuel margins plunge as cleaner fuel rules loom
REUTERS reports: “Margins for European high sulphur fuel oil (HSFO), used to power ships, sank ...
News / Scrubbers will help shipping hit greenhouse gas reduction targets
Vessels using heavy fuel oil scrubber systems will have a “positive” effect on global CO2 ...
- 1.UPS and FedEx peak season delivery charges 'have more lasting bite this year'
- 2.Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 3.Cosco chief slams rivals' plans to be 'end-to-end' supply chain providers
- 4.LNG: the fuel of the future for containerships, or a 'disastrous' option?
- 5.Supply chain radar: Watch out for week 51 at Ceva Logistics. Happy Xmas?
- 1. Jon on Carriers may have halted container rate erosion, just as contract talks loom
- 2. Jon on Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 3. Anoop on Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 4. WSL on Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 5. Martyn Benson on MSC the latest carrier pledging to avoid ecocide-hit Northern Sea Route