IMO 2020 Headlines
News / Grim outlook for carriers: Drewry cuts box shipping growth forecast again
The outlook for container shipping has deteriorated further in the past three months, resulting in another ...
News / MPC Container Ships expects second-half scrubber boost to charter rates after posting interim loss
An IMO 2020-driven recovery in time charter rates for container tonnage has only recently filtered ...
Premium / Analysis: Customers set to pay bill for greener AP Møller-Mærsk
Comment: Quietly, on a mid-summer morning, the management of AP Møller-Mærsk (APMM) talked up the half-year ...
News / Carriers' gamble with scrubbers 'vindicated', says Alphaliner
The decision by shipowners to invest in retrofitting their vessels with scrubber systems in order ...
News / Scrubber retrofitting driving a spike in the charter market
Ocean carriers are biting the bullet and agreeing charters for significantly higher daily rates as ...
Premium / Supply chain radar: APMM hunts bolt-on deals, hopes to hedge new low-sulphur regulation risk
Comment: Danish shipping behemoth AP Møller–Mærsk (APMM) has an interesting take on what’s happened to world ...
News / As pressure grows, Indonesia backs down on IMO 2020 defiance
The Indonesian government appears to have made a complete u-turn on its announcement last month ...
RTR: Dirty shipping fuel margins plunge as cleaner fuel rules loom
REUTERS reports: “Margins for European high sulphur fuel oil (HSFO), used to power ships, sank ...
News / Scrubbers will help shipping hit greenhouse gas reduction targets
Vessels using heavy fuel oil scrubber systems will have a “positive” effect on global CO2 ...
- 1.Outlook for large widebodies looks chilly in a hot freighter conversion market
- 2.ONE Apus and Maersk Eindhoven may be back on course this month
- 3.Singapore port congestion pushing up waiting time, cargo rollovers and rates
- 4.Shipper and haulier anger at Liverpool as UK port congestion spreads north
- 5.No sympathy for carriers from shippers who must foot the bill for bunker hikes
- 1. [email protected] on UK fashion houses hit out at post-Brexit 'hidden costs' for EU customers
- 2. Mike Wackett on Shipper credulity strained after 2M's last-minute Asia-Europe blanking
- 3. [email protected] on Manila terminal chief pleads with owners to collect cargo as reefers pile up
- 4. [email protected] on Mind the gap: Netherlands vs Belgium in the container port business
- 5. [email protected] on Big ambitions at Gdansk, but infrastructure could be a snag