IMO low-sulphur regulations Headlines
News / Installing scrubbers for IMO 2020 could cost carriers 200 teu per voyage
Scrubbers installed on ultra-large large container vessels (ULCVs) could take up “at least 200 teu” ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd chief stays bullish on growth and clawing back extra fuel costs
Hapag-Lloyd’s chief executive, Ralph Habben Jansen, is more optimistic about the outlook for container shipping ...
News / Shippers must share the financial impact on carriers of IMO 2020 compliance
The implications for carriers and BCOs of the IMO low-sulphur regulations that come into force ...
News / IMO 2020 low-sulphur fuel cap 'could cost shipping industry $3bn' next year
Shipping costs could rise by $3bn next year, according to a new report that will ...
News / IMO 2020 fuel restriction may prove a ‘windfall’ for the charter market
MSC, Maersk, Cosco and CMA CGM are among ocean carriers that expect to temporarily increase ...
News / Maersk ensures supply of low-sulphur fuel on US east coast for IMO 2020
Maersk has announced a deal with New Jersey-based crude oil refiner PBF Logistics to supply ...
News / How BCOs can navigate the choppy waters of the carriers' new fuel surcharges
As transpacific ocean carriers approach a new season of contract negotiations with BCOs, supply chain ...
News / Carriers in with a chance of surviving IMO 2020 if they ditch the ‘freebies’
Drewry is expecting “marginally higher contract rates, higher fuel charges and better carrier discipline” this ...
News / Containership scrapping set to spike as IMO 2020 looms
The containership demolition market is set to rebound this year as owners weed out the ...
- 1.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 4.Transpacific BCOs 'sitting on their hands' as spot rates tumble
- 5.Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 1. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 2. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 3. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Moronkola Olatunde on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you