Charter parties Headlines
News / Good news for shipowners as the charter market perks up at last
The charter market has finally turned for containership owners, as ocean carriers snap up available ...
News / IMO 2020 fuel restriction may prove a ‘windfall’ for the charter market
MSC, Maersk, Cosco and CMA CGM are among ocean carriers that expect to temporarily increase ...
News / IMO 2020 fuel rule will be a 'game-changer' for 'top-heavy' container charter market
With 1.15m teu of newbuild capacity, including 46 ULCVs, expected to be delivered, 2019 is set ...
News / Charter market ends 2018 on a gloomy note but hopes for low-sulphur silver lining next year
The short-term market outlook for non-operating containership owners is “grim” according to Alphaliner, but there ...
Recommends / MPC gambles on scrubbers
Fast-growing Norwegian feeder vessel owner MPC Container Ships has placed firm orders for the installation ...
News / Seaspan still focused on container shipping, despite diversion into energy sector
Boxship lessor Seaspan Corporation says it remains “fully focused” on growing its non-operating containership-owning business, ...
News / Gloomy outlook for container charter market as cautious carriers cut capacity
Containership charter rates are “stable but depressed”, according to London shipbroker Braemar ACM. A weakening of ...
News / Capacity cuts and trade war combine to increase container tonnage laying idle
A perfect storm of radical capacity cuts by carriers and US president Donald Trump’s threat ...
News / Scrapping may make a comeback as smaller containerships lose their appeal
Non-operating owners of ageing gas-guzzling small containerships are likely to renew their interest in scrapping ...
Comment / Analysis: a Seaspan-Costamare merger? Could form a unique combination
The competitive landscape for non-operating containership owners is currently fascinating. Business has gone so well ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 3.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 4.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 5.South Korean carriers SinoKor and Heung-A to merge container operations
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?