News / 'Bigger box ships mean bigger risks for everyone'
It seems the ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) that have become the ‘new normal’ on the ...
News / Asia-Europe carriers must 'think outside the box' to counter impact of new tonnage
High capacity and low demand will leave ocean carriers on Asia-North Europe routes in a ...
News / 'Outdated' US intermodal infrastructure is letting us down, claim farmers and exporters
A coalition of US farmers and their forwarders claims the country’s logistics infrastructure is “inadequate” ...
Recommends / CMA CGM tied to $1.1bn order for 10 Chinese 15,000 teu newbuilds
Kudos to our friends at Splash247 for spotting this nugget: French carrier CMA CGM is ...
News / With new ULCVs on the horizon, another Asia-Europe loop was 'inevitable'
With its member lines receiving a large number of newbuild ULCVs this year the addition ...
News / The future of box shipping: less vessel cascading and fewer liner alliances?
Vessel cascading has been an ever-present feature of container shipping since liner executives first understood ...
News / Buoyant HMM unveils ambitious market share target with new ULCVs
South Korean container carrier Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) is targeting a 7% market share in ...
News / Drewry sides with those wanting extension to block exemption for joint liner services
Drewry has waded into the debate over the European Commission’s consultation on the block exemption ...
News / Slowing growth and more new ULCVs widen container supply and demand gap
Sluggish growth, combined with the delivery of more ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) in the past ...
News / Ripples from congestion at UK box hubs now reaching north Europe ports
More ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) are likely to be diverted from UK ports as Felixstowe and ...
- 1.'An end to shipping alliances would see freight rates skyrocket'
- 2.Bimco goes grim, predicting a weak peak season for container shipping this year
- 3.Court orders seizure of five Volga-Dnepr AN-124s on safety grounds
- 4.First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 5.More M&A in forwarding likely, as major players feel the need to 'keep up'
- 1. Jonathon Harris on Asia-North Europe carriers announce rate hikes ahead of peak season
- 2. Gagan Deep on First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 3. email@example.com on Volga-Dnepr leaseback deal brings three new 777Fs, despite market turbulence
- 4. jeff Lozinski on US pushes for blockchain solution to better control pharma supply chain
- 5. Russ Green on Farewell to a freight industry veteran and friend, journalist Ian Martin Jones