South Korea Headlines
News / Anger in Europe as state subsidies for South Korean carrier HMM soar
State-owned Korea Ocean Business Corporation (KOBC) has, reportedly, signed off on some W6.15trn ($5.4bn) of ...
News / Heung-A the latest Korean carrier to tell worried shippers: 'We're not sinking'
Another South Korean shipping line under financial pressure has had to write to customers to dispel ...
Recommends / Samsung shipbuilding will shift to operating profit in 2019, says CEO
Rumours of the swift demise of South Korea’s shipbuilding industry appear to be exaggerated. While ...
Recommends / Ex-Daewoo Shipbuilding CEO gets six years in jail for fraud
A Seoul court this morning sentenced former DSME chief executive Nam Sang-tae to six years ...
News / Korea's HMM and SM Line brave choppy water in Q3, but are making headway
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) and SM Line remained in the red in Q3 as they continued ...
News / South Korean shipyards in tough battle with undercutting Chinese rivals
South Korean shipyards are in a battle with Chinese rivals, over construction of ultra-large container vessels, ...
News / More automotive shippers board expanding K+N Asia-Europe rail services
Growing demand from automotive shippers has led Kuehne + Nagel to expand its Asia-Europe rail ...
Recommends / South Korea's slump-hit shipbuilding sector cut 35,000 workers in H1
More than 35,000 workers in South Korea’s shipbuilding industry lost their jobs in the first ...
Recommends / North Korea’s missile launch hits South Korean shipbuilding industry
South Korea’s domestic shipbuilding industry has found itself part of the collateral damage of North Korea’s ...
Recommends / South Korea fines shipping lines over 'ro-ro cartel'
South Korea’s Fair Trade Commission (FTC) has imposed fines of $38m on nine shipping lines, ...
- 1.Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 2.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 3.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 4.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 5.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?