News / Carriers defend new street turn charges shippers say are 'insane'
Shipping lines have defended what shippers described as “insane” charges for ‘street turns’, claiming customers will ...
News / With new ULCVs on the horizon, another Asia-Europe loop was 'inevitable'
With its member lines receiving a large number of newbuild ULCVs this year the addition ...
News / US shipper fury as container lines announce 'insane' street turn fees
US agricultural shippers and forwarders have lashed out at “insane” and “appalling” “huge mistake” by shipping lines, ...
News / HMM's losses mount as rising costs wipe out profit from increased business in Q3
South Korean ocean carrier HMM recorded a net loss of $148m in the third quarter, ...
News / Anger in Europe as state subsidies for South Korean carrier HMM soar
State-owned Korea Ocean Business Corporation (KOBC) has, reportedly, signed off on some W6.15trn ($5.4bn) of ...
News / 2M ‘white knight’ sails to the rescue of ailing Asia-Europe trade
The 2M’s decision this month to remove 6% of westbound capacity on the Asia-North Europe ...
Comment / Market Insight: The potential for another Hanjin is still there, right?
It is no surprise that Maersk CEO Soren Skou recently urged governments to stop subsidising ...
News / Carrier reliability reaches new nadir in Q1 as premium services gain ground
Ocean carrier schedule reliability is heading towards a new two-year low point, opening the way ...
News / Container spot rates hold steady, but carrier hopes price rises will stick are fading
Container freight rates on the major headhaul trades from Asia stabilised this week, however, they remain ...
- 1.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 4.CMA CGM set to take full control of Ceva as it eyes end-to-end services
- 5.Supply chain radar: DSV up, Panalpina down – which one is really the takeover target?
- 1. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 2. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 3. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Moronkola Olatunde on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you