The Purse Strings Headlines
News / Low freight rates and high bunker costs see Zim sail into the red
Israeli container shipping line Zim yesterday posted a net loss for 2018 of $119.9m, despite ...
News / 'Fantastic' year for Lufthansa Cargo, with revenue and profits on the up
Lufthansa Cargo’s year trended upward in 2018, its results show, but early problems seen across ...
News / Seaspan turnover tops $1bn in 2018 and eyes an IMO 2020 bonus on the way
Seaspan Corporation is bullish on the prospects for the charter market for the second half ...
News / Robust performance from DP World, with new acquisitions ready to make their mark
DP World today reported a 4.2% increase in 2018 revenue, to $5.65bn across its global ...
News / Etihad chief remains bullish despite cargo unit continuing to struggle
Etihad Cargo continues to haemorrhage money, with a 6% decline in full-year revenue and plummeting ...
News / Cancelling charters and returning hired ships early will cost K Line ¥560bn
Cancelling the charter parties of containerships and bulkers will cost Japan’s K Line ¥560bn ($5bn). The ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd chief stays bullish on growth and clawing back extra fuel costs
Hapag-Lloyd’s chief executive, Ralph Habben Jansen, is more optimistic about the outlook for container shipping ...
News / Panalpina reports mixed results and now eyes a push for growth via new portal
Swiss 3PL Panalpina, currently the subject of intense merger and acquisition scrutiny, today posted double-digit ...
News / Strong final quarter sees Hapag-Lloyd hit the high end of revised profit forecast
Hapag-Lloyd managed to stay in the black in the final quarter of last year, reporting ...
- 1.Analysis: takeover bid for XPO Logistics just a matter of time – and share price
- 2.CMA CGM set to take full control of Ceva as it eyes end-to-end services
- 3.Supply chain radar: Bye Bye Ceva – it was short but shockingly good for the speculators
- 4.Supply chain radar: CMA CGM + Ceva + Geodis – the endgame
- 5.Life on Asia-Europe tradelanes: longer transits, fewer sailings, reduced capacity
- 1. email@example.com on Global economic headwinds blow a hole in PSA profits
- 2. Gavin van Marle on Global economic headwinds blow a hole in PSA profits
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Global economic headwinds blow a hole in PSA profits
- 4. Frederik deCockBuning on Still no news for cargo owners on retrieval of Yantian Express containers
- 5. email@example.com on Analysis: takeover bid for XPO Logistics just a matter of time – and share price