The Purse Strings Headlines
News / Seaspan turnover tops $1bn in 2018 and eyes an IMO 2020 bonus on the way
Seaspan Corporation is bullish on the prospects for the charter market for the second half ...
News / Robust performance from DP World, with new acquisitions ready to make their mark
DP World today reported a 4.2% increase in 2018 revenue, to $5.65bn across its global ...
News / Etihad chief remains bullish despite cargo unit continuing to struggle
Etihad Cargo continues to haemorrhage money, with a 6% decline in full-year revenue and plummeting ...
News / Cancelling charters and returning hired ships early will cost K Line ¥560bn
Cancelling the charter parties of containerships and bulkers will cost Japan’s K Line ¥560bn ($5bn). The ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd chief stays bullish on growth and clawing back extra fuel costs
Hapag-Lloyd’s chief executive, Ralph Habben Jansen, is more optimistic about the outlook for container shipping ...
News / Panalpina reports mixed results and now eyes a push for growth via new portal
Swiss 3PL Panalpina, currently the subject of intense merger and acquisition scrutiny, today posted double-digit ...
News / Strong final quarter sees Hapag-Lloyd hit the high end of revised profit forecast
Hapag-Lloyd managed to stay in the black in the final quarter of last year, reporting ...
News / B2B boost drives record year and soaring profits for Pilot Freight Services
An upturn in B2B volumes helped Pilot Freight Services post record-breaking revenue of almost $800m ...
News / APMM reports $120m profit in Q4 18, but has no high hopes for new year
AP Møller Maersk recorded an underlying profit of $120m in the fourth quarter of 2018, ...
- 1.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 4.Transpacific BCOs 'sitting on their hands' as spot rates tumble
- 5.Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 1. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 2. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 3. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Moronkola Olatunde on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you