Vertical consolidation Headlines
Comment / Supply chain radar: The vertical push of Cosco/OOCL via JD.com is a timely masterstroke
There are two reasons why last week’s news that OOIL/OOCL and its owner Cosco Shipping ...
Comment / Supply chain radar: Expeditors' core customs business is the next battlefield for supply chain consolidators
The takeover of Switzerland’s Panalpina – still apparently destined to tie the knot either with ...
Comment / Market Insight: Ocean & air freight woes – "we’re all pigs counting who’ll reach the slaughterhouse first"
A quick and dirty take at the end of the week to get across the ...
Comment / Supply chain radar: Why is APMM working on a McDonald's strategy when it has a stuffed Damco turkey on the table?
A few days ago, Denmark’s AP Møller-Maersk (APMM) advertised a new takeaway strategy – part ...
News / Tigers beefs up its digital logistics offering with 'a world first' – SmartHub:Connect
Hong Kong-based 3PL Tigers has beefed-up its digital logistics capabilities with what it claims is ...
News / Fewer mega-containerships arriving will help balance supply and demand in 2019
A “reduced appetite” for ordering ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) and carriers instead aspiring to become ...
News / Crowley to merge shipping and logistics in new year vertical integration plan
US container shipping line Crowley has become the latest to embark on a vertical integration ...
News / China-US trade war straining the links in global supply chains
The failure of shipping lines to make a profit and terminal operators reporting declining profitability ...
Comment / Market Insight: CEVA and CMA CGM – vertical consolidation the next step?
Events have overtaken me this week. I began this column with the following: “The recent appointment ...
- 1.Panalpina board must resign and DSV will cherry-pick best staff to keep
- 2.Analysis: with the clock ticking, Agility faces the Bolloré temptation
- 3.Claims that Maersk has started a new rates war, as carriers slash FAK prices
- 4.Rival carriers eye key routes as India's Jet Airways is declared bankrupt
- 5.Supply chain radar: With AP Møller-Maersk, trust has gone out of the window
- 1. Alex Lennane on Rival carriers eye key routes as India's Jet Airways is declared bankrupt
- 2. George on Rival carriers eye key routes as India's Jet Airways is declared bankrupt
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Claims that Maersk has started a new rates war, as carriers slash FAK prices
- 4. Gavin van Marle on Latest vessel fire leads Grimaldi to demand tighter regs on ocean cargo
- 5. email@example.com on Claims that Maersk has started a new rates war, as carriers slash FAK prices