News / Older, gas-guzzling box ships bound for scrapyards as IMO 2020 looms
With the IMO 2020 low-sulphur fuel regulations looming, containership owners are keen to offload as ...
News / Installing scrubbers for IMO 2020 could cost carriers 200 teu per voyage
Scrubbers installed on ultra-large large container vessels (ULCVs) could take up “at least 200 teu” ...
News / Containership scrapping set to spike as IMO 2020 looms
The containership demolition market is set to rebound this year as owners weed out the ...
Recommends / Fuel price spread sheds doubt on economic case for scrubbers
Fuel prices vary, of course, but based on the economics put forward in Seatrade Maritime, ...
News / Scrubber installation gathers pace ahead of new low-sulphur fuel rule
The number of exhaust gas cleaning systems (scrubbers) being installed on containerships is gathering pace, ...
News / BIMCO weighs in with help on charters ahead of low-sulphur fuel regulations
BIMCO has published two IMO 2020 clauses for inclusion in charter parties relating to the ...
News / MPC sees 'significant upside' for scrubber-linked charters
Owners of feeder vessels are set to benefit from “market disruption” ahead of IMO 2020, ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd jumps on the scrubber band wagon before they ‘sell out’
Hapag-Lloyd has belatedly joined the rush to install scrubber technology on its container vessels, ahead ...
Recommends / MPC gambles on scrubbers
Fast-growing Norwegian feeder vessel owner MPC Container Ships has placed firm orders for the installation ...
- 1.Analysis: takeover bid for XPO Logistics just a matter of time – and share price
- 2.CMA CGM set to take full control of Ceva as it eyes end-to-end services
- 3.Supply chain radar: Bye Bye Ceva – it was short but shockingly good for the speculators
- 4.Supply chain radar: CMA CGM + Ceva + Geodis – the endgame
- 5.Life on Asia-Europe tradelanes: longer transits, fewer sailings, reduced capacity
- 1. email@example.com on Global economic headwinds blow a hole in PSA profits
- 2. Gavin van Marle on Global economic headwinds blow a hole in PSA profits
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Global economic headwinds blow a hole in PSA profits
- 4. Frederik deCockBuning on Still no news for cargo owners on retrieval of Yantian Express containers
- 5. email@example.com on Analysis: takeover bid for XPO Logistics just a matter of time – and share price