News / Containership scrapping set to spike as IMO 2020 looms
The containership demolition market is set to rebound this year as owners weed out the ...
Recommends / Fuel price spread sheds doubt on economic case for scrubbers
Fuel prices vary, of course, but based on the economics put forward in Seatrade Maritime, ...
News / Scrubber installation gathers pace ahead of new low-sulphur fuel rule
The number of exhaust gas cleaning systems (scrubbers) being installed on containerships is gathering pace, ...
News / BIMCO weighs in with help on charters ahead of low-sulphur fuel regulations
BIMCO has published two IMO 2020 clauses for inclusion in charter parties relating to the ...
News / MPC sees 'significant upside' for scrubber-linked charters
Owners of feeder vessels are set to benefit from “market disruption” ahead of IMO 2020, ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd jumps on the scrubber band wagon before they ‘sell out’
Hapag-Lloyd has belatedly joined the rush to install scrubber technology on its container vessels, ahead ...
Recommends / MPC gambles on scrubbers
Fast-growing Norwegian feeder vessel owner MPC Container Ships has placed firm orders for the installation ...
News / Seaspan still focused on container shipping, despite diversion into energy sector
Boxship lessor Seaspan Corporation says it remains “fully focused” on growing its non-operating containership-owning business, ...
News / Suspicious shippers urge Maersk rethink on new fuel surcharge plan
Shippers have joined forwarders in condemning Maersk’s plan for new fuel surcharges to help recover the ...
- 1.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 4.Transpacific BCOs 'sitting on their hands' as spot rates tumble
- 5.Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 1. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 2. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 3. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Moronkola Olatunde on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you