Low Sulphur Headlines
News / Carriers in with a chance of surviving IMO 2020 if they ditch the ‘freebies’
Drewry is expecting “marginally higher contract rates, higher fuel charges and better carrier discipline” this ...
Recommends / Fuel price spread sheds doubt on economic case for scrubbers
Fuel prices vary, of course, but based on the economics put forward in Seatrade Maritime, ...
News / Shippers claim carriers' 2020 fuel surcharges are too costly and too early
Shippers remain unconvinced of the justification for the size of the surcharge ocean carriers are proposing to cover ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd jumps on the scrubber band wagon before they ‘sell out’
Hapag-Lloyd has belatedly joined the rush to install scrubber technology on its container vessels, ahead ...
News / CMA CGM sticks to controversial bunker surcharge – and raises the price
CMA CGM Group, which includes ocean carrier APL, has raised its emergency bunker surcharge (EBS) to ...
News / Impact of IMO 2020 low-sulphur fuel rule will be “close to a perfect storm”, says Maersk
The IMO’s 2020 0.5% sulphur cap regulations could cost shipping giant Maersk more than $2bn a year. Simon ...
Recommends / Low-sulphur compliance is not that simple for ship operators
Hitherto, most of the debate surrounding the IMO’s tough 0.5% sulphur cap, coming into force ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 3.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 4.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 5.South Korean carriers SinoKor and Heung-A to merge container operations
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?