Low Sulphur Headlines
News / Impact of IMO 2020 will cause 'supply chain ripples for more than a year'
The path to complying with the IMO’s 0.5% sulphur cap regulations on bunker fuel in ...
News / Shipowners may be ready for IMO 2020, but the bunker market is not
The bunker market is far from ready for the substantial switch in demand to low-sulphur ...
Comment / Market Insight Exclusive with Jeff Rubin: Nexus of evils – what happens when oil, globalisation and the environment collide?
Jeff Rubin needs no introduction, but I am giving him one anyway. Former CIBC global chief ...
News / Carriers in with a chance of surviving IMO 2020 if they ditch the ‘freebies’
Drewry is expecting “marginally higher contract rates, higher fuel charges and better carrier discipline” this ...
Recommends / Fuel price spread sheds doubt on economic case for scrubbers
Fuel prices vary, of course, but based on the economics put forward in Seatrade Maritime, ...
News / Shippers claim carriers' 2020 fuel surcharges are too costly and too early
Shippers remain unconvinced of the justification for the size of the surcharge ocean carriers are proposing to cover ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd jumps on the scrubber band wagon before they ‘sell out’
Hapag-Lloyd has belatedly joined the rush to install scrubber technology on its container vessels, ahead ...
News / CMA CGM sticks to controversial bunker surcharge – and raises the price
CMA CGM Group, which includes ocean carrier APL, has raised its emergency bunker surcharge (EBS) to ...
News / Impact of IMO 2020 low-sulphur fuel rule will be “close to a perfect storm”, says Maersk
The IMO’s 2020 0.5% sulphur cap regulations could cost shipping giant Maersk more than $2bn a year. Simon ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: FedEx between a rock and a hard place after disastrous M&A
- 2.Korean Air Cargo suspends transport and cargo handling services at three hubs
- 3.Panalpina's half-year results: 'a respectable achievement' or 'shockingly bad'?
- 4.Carriers vs forwarders – who is going to represent forwarders' interests in carriers' blockchain plans?
- 5.Driver shortage 'not a big deal', although wages are on the rise
- 1. Rajeev S Babu on Shippers bemoan liner capacity cuts this peak season
- 2. Scott Kelly on Amazon rolls out Transparency fake goods detector system to Europe, Canada and India
- 3. Alex Lennane on Skou: going all the way in the transformation of AP Møller-Maersk
- 4. MBENSPEED@GMAIL.COM on Skou: going all the way in the transformation of AP Møller-Maersk
- 5. Wageih Fawzy Helal Abdel rheem on DHL Freight announces peak season surcharge for shipments across Europe