charter rates Headlines
News / Carriers hit by rising charter rates as shipowners cash in on demand for tonnage
A substantial spike in daily hire rates for post-panamax containerships will hurt ocean carriers with the ...
News / MPC sees 'significant upside' for scrubber-linked charters
Owners of feeder vessels are set to benefit from “market disruption” ahead of IMO 2020, ...
News / Seaspan still focused on container shipping, despite diversion into energy sector
Boxship lessor Seaspan Corporation says it remains “fully focused” on growing its non-operating containership-owning business, ...
News / Last panamax box ship to sail out of lay-up escapes the scrapping grim reaper
A panamax container vessel idle for more than three years has finally left its berth ...
News / Container line profits this year will be wiped out by rising fuel and charter prices
A leading shipping analyst has drastically cut its 2018 ocean carrier profitability forecast from $5bn ...
News / Panamax daily hire rates hit $16,000 as open tonnage availability dries up
The daily hire rate for panamax containerships has surged by 30% in the past month ...
News / New investment gives Seaspan the means to consolidate its top lessor position
Containership owner Seaspan Corporation has acquired a financial war chest to consolidate the “fragmented” boxship leasing market ...
News / Charter market capacity crunch will put a dent in carrier profitability
Containership charter rates are at a 30-month high on the back of strong demand, and Alphaliner ...
News / Seaspan buys shipbuilding vehicle GCI for bargain price and boosts its fleet
Containership owner Seaspan Corporation has bought the 89% of shares it did not own in ...
News / Boxship owner Seaspan looks to second-hand vessels to boost its bottom line
Containership owner and manager Seaspan Corporation is refocusing on the second-hand market as it shies ...
- 1.FedEx announces it won't renew US domestic delivery contract with Amazon
- 2.More M&A in forwarding likely, as major players feel the need to 'keep up'
- 3.'Bigger box ships mean bigger risks for everyone'
- 4.Dance with Panalpina 'whetted our appetite' for M&A, says Agility chief
- 5.Supply chain radar: CMA CGM rumoured to be in talks with Geodis
- 1. Distrait on Shipowners may be ready for IMO 2020, but the bunker market is not
- 2. Rodrigo de la Cruz on Leisure Cargo files for insolvency after loss of major contracts
- 3. Alex Lennane on US business leaders hit back on trade tariffs and tell Trump 'enough is enough'
- 4. email@example.com on US business leaders hit back on trade tariffs and tell Trump 'enough is enough'
- 5. Sam O E Okpro on To charge or not to charge? How airlines can boost e-freight