News / Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
Container lines have objected to French calls for the IMO impose mandatory speed limits for ...
News / Warning to shippers: more transhipment likely after IMO 2020
Analysts predict that the impact of IMO 2020 will mean slower ships and more transhipment. This ...
News / IMO 2020 low-sulphur fuel cap 'could cost shipping industry $3bn' next year
Shipping costs could rise by $3bn next year, according to a new report that will ...
News / Carriers in with a chance of surviving IMO 2020 if they ditch the ‘freebies’
Drewry is expecting “marginally higher contract rates, higher fuel charges and better carrier discipline” this ...
News / Other carriers should copy Maersk and spot check containers, says TT Club
Global shipping insurer TT Club has commended Maersk’s decision to begin random spot checks on ...
News / As automation advances, transport workers must be helped to develop new skills
Governments and industry must ensure access to the skills of the future as automation and ...
News / Container shipping and charity set their combined sights on 'greener' seas
Charities and industry have aligned to urge governments to halt the destruction of marine habitats. A ...
News / IMO launches initiative to help remove plastic litter at sea
The International Maritime Organisation (IMO) is to launch a wide-ranging study on how it can help ...
News / IMO 'kills remaining hopes for requiring the building of more efficient containerships'
Efforts to decarbonise the shipping sector have taken a step back after the IMO overturned ...
News / Speed limits for box ships the best way to hit emissions target, IMO told
Mandatory speed limits could be shipping lines’ best hope of achieving the IMO’s 2030 emissions reduction ...
- 1.Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 2.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 3.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 4.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 5.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?