News / IMO 2020 doomsday predictions are overblown, claim – 'box lines will cope'
Doomsday predictions surrounding the IMO 2020 sulphur fuel cap and its impact on container lines ...
News / Installing scrubbers for IMO 2020 could cost carriers 200 teu per voyage
Scrubbers installed on ultra-large large container vessels (ULCVs) could take up “at least 200 teu” ...
News / Tumbling Asia-to-US rates could hamper carriers in contract renewal talks
Container spot rates from Asia to the US are sliding fast, with today’s Shanghai Containerised ...
News / Containership scrapping set to spike as IMO 2020 looms
The containership demolition market is set to rebound this year as owners weed out the ...
News / IMO 2020 fuel rule will be a 'game-changer' for 'top-heavy' container charter market
With 1.15m teu of newbuild capacity, including 46 ULCVs, expected to be delivered, 2019 is set ...
News / Charter market ends 2018 on a gloomy note but hopes for low-sulphur silver lining next year
The short-term market outlook for non-operating containership owners is “grim” according to Alphaliner, but there ...
News / Carriers claim container shipping online booking more than just a pipedream
It “remains to be seen” whether CMA CGM’s agreement to list its rates on Freightos’ ...
News / Rival carriers gaining on Maersk in the box ship capacity stakes
Maersk’s share of global container shipping capacity has shrunk by 1.5% in the past 12 ...
News / Slowing growth and more new ULCVs widen container supply and demand gap
Sluggish growth, combined with the delivery of more ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) in the past ...
News / Shippers are being 'left in the dark' as carriers look to recover IMO 2020 costs
There has been insufficient mainstream publicity on the IMO’s 2020 global emissions regulation for shipping, ...
- 1.Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 2.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 3.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 4.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 5.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?