Shipping alliances Headlines
News / US Shipping Act revision gives FMC power to watch shipping alliances with a sterner eye
US president Donald Trump this week handed the Federal Maritime Commission greater powers to regulate ...
News / Drewry sides with those wanting extension to block exemption for joint liner services
Drewry has waded into the debate over the European Commission’s consultation on the block exemption ...
News / Major box carriers to launch association to harmonise digitalisation in shipping
Shipping lines from each of the alliances have formed an association in a bid to ...
News / HMM's losses mount as rising costs wipe out profit from increased business in Q3
South Korean ocean carrier HMM recorded a net loss of $148m in the third quarter, ...
News / Container line alliances reduce shipper choice, says ITF as the EC reviews the rules
The EU should end the block exemption against forming consortia the liner shipping industry currently enjoys, says a new ...
Comment / A marketshare conundrum for liners, as expiry of EC block exemption nears
In a year and half, the deepsea alliance structure could find itself on the wrong side ...
News / Box terminals fare better financially than their carrier customers, but can it last?
The container terminal industry has been able to navigate around a predicted ‘perfect storm’ in Q1, ...
News / Alliance reshuffle brings Rotterdam a Q1 box bonus, but total volumes fall
An increase in container traffic boosted an otherwise poor first quarter for the port of Rotterdam, with ...
News / PSA grows its business 'despite industry chaos and economic disruption'
Singapore-based port operator PSA International said it managed to grow its container terminal business last ...
- 1.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 4.Transpacific BCOs 'sitting on their hands' as spot rates tumble
- 5.Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 1. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 2. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 3. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Moronkola Olatunde on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you