The end of the Panamax Headlines
News / Charter market ends 2018 on a gloomy note but hopes for low-sulphur silver lining next year
The short-term market outlook for non-operating containership owners is “grim” according to Alphaliner, but there ...
News / MPC eyes expansion into wider markets with purchase of bigger box ships
Emerging feedership owner MPC Capital has bought three secondhand panamax container vessels as it looks ...
News / Last panamax box ship to sail out of lay-up escapes the scrapping grim reaper
A panamax container vessel idle for more than three years has finally left its berth ...
News / Scrapping may make a comeback as smaller containerships lose their appeal
Non-operating owners of ageing gas-guzzling small containerships are likely to renew their interest in scrapping ...
News / Shortage of ships for charter could force carriers to shelve new services
An acute shortage in the availability of charter tonnage could force carriers to shelve their ...
News / Shipowners gain upper hand as charter market bites back at carriers
Container lines are facing a new “perfect storm” of falling freight rates, higher fuel costs ...
News / Cheap charter rates give HMM's new panamax service a competitive edge
With Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) about to launch an Asia-North Europe service deploying panamax-size vessels, maritime ...
News / Healthier new year for container charter market, but owners still have concerns
The containership charter market has entered 2018 in a much healthier state than it was ...
News / Owners of bigger containerships face a charter market 'double-whammy'
The new year could be challenging for owners of large containerships, while non-operating owners in the smaller ...
News / Idle containership numbers fall again, but newbuilds and M&A are a threat
The number of containerships in hot or cold lay-up has fallen to 114, from 136 ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 3.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 4.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 5.South Korean carriers SinoKor and Heung-A to merge container operations
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?