Wan Hai Headlines
News / Wan Hai orders 20 new box ships to meet market ambitions
Taiwan niche ocean carrier Wan Hai has confirmed an order for 20 new box ships ...
News / Scrapping may make a comeback as smaller containerships lose their appeal
Non-operating owners of ageing gas-guzzling small containerships are likely to renew their interest in scrapping ...
News / Carrier reliability reaches new nadir in Q1 as premium services gain ground
Ocean carrier schedule reliability is heading towards a new two-year low point, opening the way ...
News / Cash-hungry niche carrier PIL pops up on the radar of acquisitive mega-carriers
Singapore-based Pacific International Lines (PIL) could be the next container line to appear on the ...
News / Intra-Asia container trades on the up, but carriers fail to benefit
Growing volumes between China and South-east Asia propelled first-quarter intra-Asia container trade figures. However, shipping lines are ...
News / OOCL leads the pack as reliability becomes key to container line marketing strategy
Ocean carriers are focusing on better schedule reliability and faster sailing times as selling points ...
News / Niche players like Arkas are the lines to watch in Black Sea container shipping
2M partners Maersk and MSC have the largest share of the Black Sea container shipping ...
News / Size not so important: niche carrier Wan Hai holds off Maersk to become the most profitable container line
The operating profits of the majority of ocean carriers sank into the red in Q4 last ...
News / Zim sails through the rates storm to turn in its third consecutive quarterly profit
Despite a “challenging environment”, Israeli carrier, Zim Line, still managed to squeeze out a net ...
- 1.Panalpina's half-year results: 'a respectable achievement' or 'shockingly bad'?
- 2.Supply chain radar: FedEx between a rock and a hard place after disastrous M&A
- 3.Carriers vs forwarders – who is going to represent forwarders' interests in carriers' blockchain plans?
- 4.Korean Air Cargo suspends transport and cargo handling services at three hubs
- 5.BAF calculator may help ease uncertainty over looming IMO 2020 fuel rule
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on The Morrow-Roberson road test: Flexport – moving beyond freight forwarding
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Driver shortage 'not a big deal', although wages are on the rise
- 3. Rajeev S Babu on Shippers bemoan liner capacity cuts this peak season
- 4. Scott Kelly on Amazon rolls out Transparency fake goods detector system to Europe, Canada and India
- 5. Alex Lennane on Skou: going all the way in the transformation of AP Møller-Maersk