On the scrap-heap Headlines
News / Last panamax box ship to sail out of lay-up escapes the scrapping grim reaper
A panamax container vessel idle for more than three years has finally left its berth ...
News / Top-heavy growth in container tonnage sparks overcapacity concerns
The number of containerships sold for scrap has slowed dramatically as shipowners in the smaller ...
Recommends / China's environment ministry to 'encourage' more recycling
Intrinsically connected to the ban on imported paper, cardboard and plastic scrap products in China, ...
News / No box trade supply-demand balance until end 2019, says Alphaliner
Recent forecasts from ocean carriers that a supply-demand equilibrium will be reached next year are “optimistic”, ...
News / Maersk Line targets 3% growth as next-generation Triple-Es start to arrive
To coincide with the delivery of the first of a series of eleven 20,568 teu second-generation ...
News / Surging steel price boosts scrap value of redundant containerships
A sharp increase in steel prices has prompted a new wave of vessel scrapping, bringing ...
News / Another 100+ panamax box ships must be scrapped to boost charter rates
At least 100 panamax-class containerships need to be scrapped if owners are to see charter ...
Recommends / New record for youngest containership to be scrapped
No more than a month after securing the title as the youngest boxship to be ...
News / Troubled Rickmers denies scrapping seven-year-old box ship as charter market stays soft
Troubled non-operating container shipowner Rickmers Maritime Trust today denied it had scrapped a seven-year-old panamax containership. Reports ...
- 1.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 4.Transpacific BCOs 'sitting on their hands' as spot rates tumble
- 5.Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 1. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 2. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 3. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Moronkola Olatunde on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you