The ULCV knock-on effect Headlines
News / GPA unveils ambitious plans for huge expansion at the port of Savannah
Georgia Ports Authority (GPA) has underscored its ambition to maintain growth at the port of ...
News / Carriers still aiming to add capacity on Asia-North Europe, despite softer demand
Despite warnings of uncertain times ahead for demand, ocean carriers plan to add around 10% ...
News / Container lines prepare for new capacity via new ULCVs and 'ship-jumboisation'
MSC is set to receive some 330,000 teu of newbuild tonnage this year and will ...
News / Customer trust restored, claims HMM chief – now we need to work better together
In his traditional new year message to staff, HMM president and chief executive Chang Keun ...
News / IMO 2020 fuel rule will be a 'game-changer' for 'top-heavy' container charter market
With 1.15m teu of newbuild capacity, including 46 ULCVs, expected to be delivered, 2019 is set ...
News / 2M drops eight port calls, adds six ULCVs and returns to slow-steaming in network revamp
The 2M alliance is to phase in six more ultra large container vessels (ULCVs) into ...
News / Slowing growth and more new ULCVs widen container supply and demand gap
Sluggish growth, combined with the delivery of more ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) in the past ...
News / Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
While container shipping lines face soaring operational costs, recent signs that they are preparing to suspend ...
News / Competition red tape may tie major carriers in too many knots for more M&A
The era of large-scale consolidation among the major container carriers is likely at an end, delegates ...
- 1.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 4.Transpacific BCOs 'sitting on their hands' as spot rates tumble
- 5.Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 1. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 2. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 3. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Moronkola Olatunde on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you