ship scrapping Headlines
News / Time to scrap younger containerships to help rebalance supply and demand
Drewry has urged containership owners planning to scrap older vessels this year to “get a ...
News / Older, gas-guzzling box ships bound for scrapyards as IMO 2020 looms
With the IMO 2020 low-sulphur fuel regulations looming, containership owners are keen to offload as ...
News / Containership scrapping set to spike as IMO 2020 looms
The containership demolition market is set to rebound this year as owners weed out the ...
News / IMO 2020 fuel rule will be a 'game-changer' for 'top-heavy' container charter market
With 1.15m teu of newbuild capacity, including 46 ULCVs, expected to be delivered, 2019 is set ...
News / Containership scrapping gathers pace ahead of IMO 2020
In the last 30 days, 23 container vessels have been sold for scrap – nearly half the number ...
News / Wan Hai orders 20 new box ships to meet market ambitions
Taiwan niche ocean carrier Wan Hai has confirmed an order for 20 new box ships ...
News / Last panamax box ship to sail out of lay-up escapes the scrapping grim reaper
A panamax container vessel idle for more than three years has finally left its berth ...
News / Scrapping may make a comeback as smaller containerships lose their appeal
Non-operating owners of ageing gas-guzzling small containerships are likely to renew their interest in scrapping ...
News / Panamax daily hire rates hit $16,000 as open tonnage availability dries up
The daily hire rate for panamax containerships has surged by 30% in the past month ...
News / Charter market capacity crunch will put a dent in carrier profitability
Containership charter rates are at a 30-month high on the back of strong demand, and Alphaliner ...
- 1.UPS major healthcare offensive aims to exploit current FedEx weakness
- 2.Analysis: CMA CGM's saving of Ceva is not by magic, there will be pain
- 3.Maersk’s OceanPro innovates in logistics industry through tech start-ups
- 4.Market Insight: The Toll Group horror show, one nasty piece at a time
- 5.Another step to becoming 'a global integrator': Maersk in 4PL contract with Syngenta
- 1. Campisa on US warehouse supply catches up with demand, but rates remain lofty
- 2. Alex Lennane on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules
- 3. Bill Fostwick on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules
- 4. Alex Lennane on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules
- 5. John Q Publicus on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules