ship scrapping Headlines
News / Older, gas-guzzling box ships bound for scrapyards as IMO 2020 looms
With the IMO 2020 low-sulphur fuel regulations looming, containership owners are keen to offload as ...
News / Containership scrapping set to spike as IMO 2020 looms
The containership demolition market is set to rebound this year as owners weed out the ...
News / IMO 2020 fuel rule will be a 'game-changer' for 'top-heavy' container charter market
With 1.15m teu of newbuild capacity, including 46 ULCVs, expected to be delivered, 2019 is set ...
News / Containership scrapping gathers pace ahead of IMO 2020
In the last 30 days, 23 container vessels have been sold for scrap – nearly half the number ...
News / Wan Hai orders 20 new box ships to meet market ambitions
Taiwan niche ocean carrier Wan Hai has confirmed an order for 20 new box ships ...
News / Last panamax box ship to sail out of lay-up escapes the scrapping grim reaper
A panamax container vessel idle for more than three years has finally left its berth ...
News / Scrapping may make a comeback as smaller containerships lose their appeal
Non-operating owners of ageing gas-guzzling small containerships are likely to renew their interest in scrapping ...
News / Panamax daily hire rates hit $16,000 as open tonnage availability dries up
The daily hire rate for panamax containerships has surged by 30% in the past month ...
News / Charter market capacity crunch will put a dent in carrier profitability
Containership charter rates are at a 30-month high on the back of strong demand, and Alphaliner ...
News / Idle containership fleet falls below 100 as demand for tonnage remains tight
The number of containerships in lay-up has dipped below 100, according to Alphaliner. Its latest survey reveals strong demand ...
- 1.FedEx announces it won't renew US domestic delivery contract with Amazon
- 2.'Bigger box ships mean bigger risks for everyone'
- 3.More M&A in forwarding likely, as major players feel the need to 'keep up'
- 4.Analysis: The axe will fall on Ceva as CMA CGM's cost-cutting exercise gathers speed
- 5.Dance with Panalpina 'whetted our appetite' for M&A, says Agility chief
- 1. Rodrigo de la Cruz on Leisure Cargo files for insolvency after loss of major contracts
- 2. Alex Lennane on US business leaders hit back on trade tariffs and tell Trump 'enough is enough'
- 3. email@example.com on US business leaders hit back on trade tariffs and tell Trump 'enough is enough'
- 4. Sam O E Okpro on To charge or not to charge? How airlines can boost e-freight
- 5. Moritz Claussen, Managing Director @ cargo.one on The Morrow Roberson Road Test: WebCargo Sky, an ebooking platform or not?