Idle tonnage Headlines
News / Capacity cuts and trade war combine to increase container tonnage laying idle
A perfect storm of radical capacity cuts by carriers and US president Donald Trump’s threat ...
News / Charter market capacity crunch will put a dent in carrier profitability
Containership charter rates are at a 30-month high on the back of strong demand, and Alphaliner ...
News / Container shipping demand may dip this year, but market balance still improving
Container shipping demand growth is expected to be lower this year than last. But, in its latest ...
News / Ocean carriers hit by costlier fuel, now face spike in charter hire rates
Already facing higher fuel costs, ocean carriers could now be hit by a rise in ...
News / Idle containership fleet falls below 100 as demand for tonnage remains tight
The number of containerships in lay-up has dipped below 100, according to Alphaliner. Its latest survey reveals strong demand ...
News / Idle containership numbers fall again, but newbuilds and M&A are a threat
The number of containerships in hot or cold lay-up has fallen to 114, from 136 ...
- 1.FedEx announces it won't renew US domestic delivery contract with Amazon
- 2.'Bigger box ships mean bigger risks for everyone'
- 3.More M&A in forwarding likely, as major players feel the need to 'keep up'
- 4.Analysis: The axe will fall on Ceva as CMA CGM's cost-cutting exercise gathers speed
- 5.Dance with Panalpina 'whetted our appetite' for M&A, says Agility chief
- 1. Alex Lennane on US business leaders hit back on trade tariffs and tell Trump 'enough is enough'
- 2. email@example.com on US business leaders hit back on trade tariffs and tell Trump 'enough is enough'
- 3. Sam O E Okpro on To charge or not to charge? How airlines can boost e-freight
- 4. Moritz Claussen, Managing Director @ cargo.one on The Morrow Roberson Road Test: WebCargo Sky, an ebooking platform or not?
- 5. A.Kout on More M&A in forwarding likely, as major players feel the need to 'keep up'