Modal Shift Headlines
News / A wave of SE Asia e-commerce traffic is moving towards the sea
Ocean freight is set to play a bigger role in south-east Asia’s booming cross-border e-commerce ...
News / Forwarders applaud as Emirates SkyCargo and DP World launch sea-air product
Emirates SkyCargo and DP World have developed a sea-air product together – something forwarders said ...
Premium / Supply chain radar: Rail freight resilience – don't miss the train
Comment: Here is why rail should be part of a successful logistics strategy.
News / Container trade 'madness' driving more Asia cargo to other modes
The “madness” of ex-Asia container rates is driving more un-boxing of containerised cargo. And the resulting ...
News / Breakbulk revival as box shipping prices itself out of the market
Container shipping’s capacity crunch has priced some agricultural and chemical commodities out of the market ...
News / Covid, costly airfreight and box shortages pushing forwarders to LCL options
Sky-high airfreight rates and the global container shortage are driving demand for less-than-container load (LCL) ...
News / Online customs portal unveiled to help cross-border road freight in South-east Asia
A new online customs portal could help cross-border road freight in South-east Asia maintain volume ...
Perishables shippers still facing challenges after switch from air to ocean
Mangoes from Latin America are not traveling by air to international markets this year. A combination ...
News / Dwindling airfreight capacity forces perishables shippers to try a dip in the ocean
Things just got worse for South Africa’s perishables exporters: just as they were gearing up ...
News / Retailers eye ocean and rail as air freight rates rise with Golden Week
Tomorrow marks the start of China’s Golden Week holiday and factory closures – which means ...
News / Capacity-constrained air cargo may be hit hard by peak season modal shift
Air freight has lost market share to ocean, a pattern common during downturns, but rare ...
News / Manston air cargo hub sets its sights on trucked freight and e-commerce
The developer of Manston Airport, which aims to re-open as a cargo hub in spring ...
- 1.Outlook for large widebodies looks chilly in a hot freighter conversion market
- 2.ONE Apus and Maersk Eindhoven may be back on course this month
- 3.Shipping lines start to give Myanmar a miss as protests impact supply chains
- 4.M&A radar: AP Møller-Mærsk LCL benchmark deal rumoured – our shortlist
- 5.Amazon Air close to building a freighter network to carry third-party volumes
- 1. [email protected] on UK fashion houses hit out at post-Brexit 'hidden costs' for EU customers
- 2. Mike Wackett on Shipper credulity strained after 2M's last-minute Asia-Europe blanking
- 3. [email protected] on Manila terminal chief pleads with owners to collect cargo as reefers pile up
- 4. [email protected] on Mind the gap: Netherlands vs Belgium in the container port business
- 5. [email protected] on Big ambitions at Gdansk, but infrastructure could be a snag