Emissions & Omissions Headlines
News / JIT shipping could cut surging fuel costs and boost schedule reliability
Just-in-time (JIT) vessel arrivals could answer two of container shipping’s most pressing problems: surging fuel ...
News / NYK secures multi-billion yen 'green loan' to buy scrubbers for its ships
Japanese transport group NYK has secured a ¥9bn ($81m) syndicated ‘green’ loan, supported by eight ...
News / Birmingham 'listens to logistics' and exempts trucks from clean air zone fee
Logistics operators have welcomed Birmingham City Council’s one-year extemption for HGVs in its clean air ...
News / Leeds clean air zone charge a 'punitive tax on a sector the city relies on'
Haulage associations have rebuffed claims they are “shirking their responsibilities” amid growing criticism of local ...
News / Scrubber installation gathers pace ahead of new low-sulphur fuel rule
The number of exhaust gas cleaning systems (scrubbers) being installed on containerships is gathering pace, ...
News / Maersk unveils ambitions to be operating a zero-emission fleet by 2050
Maersk Line today announced it has drawn up plans for its shipping fleet and related ...
News / Pessimism in the air as the IMO pushes for reduced greenhouse gas emissions
The momentum behind efforts to curtail shipping’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions appears to have come ...
News / Transport 'undoubtedly the big-ticket item in reducing port emissions'
Pollutants at UK ports are declining at a minimal rate, mirroring wider national trends as ...
News / Work with haulage industry on emissions, don't penalise us, says RHA chief
UK transport groups have argued that road freight must not be penalised because it plays ...
News / Investors worry as major box lines still falter on strategy for low-sulphur laws
Investors are increasingly concerned that, with only 18 months to go until the IMO’s 0.5% ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 3.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 4.Carriers wield the axe on more Asia-North Europe sailings to 'stop the rot'
- 5.Toll Group opts for Kontainers as forwarder plans online booking service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?