On the right track Headlines
News / Capturing more freight from trucks gives North American railroads a boost
North American intermodal is continuing its rapid growth, with the main carriers recording record box-carrying revenue. Last week, The Loadstar reported on rail operator ...
News / CSX cuts away the 'crazy stuff' and intermodal revamp starts to pay dividends
US railroad CSX has reported growth in intermodal activities a year after the dismal fourth ...
News / Samskip targets intra-Europe shortsea traffic with new Italy-Netherlands rail service
Icelandic shipping line and multimodal operator Samskip has launched a direct rail service between the ...
People / Brian Hancock and Michael Naatz boost management team at Kansas City Southern
Kansas City Southern (KCS) has appointed Brian Hancock (pictured above) as chief innovation officer, with ...
News / A bumper year for China-Europe rail, but growing demand could derail services
It’s been another bumper year, so far, for China-Europe rail freight, but surging volumes are ...
Recommends / East Europe border town strains under Silk Road train boom
The growth of Asia-Europe container rail services has been one of the great transport success ...
News / Funding must be ring-fenced to keep UK rail freight sector on track
Rail freight funds must be safeguarded if the UK is to attract the private investment ...
Comment / Europe's rail sector must grow up and enter the real world of hi-tech business
The comments by Transport Commissioner Violeta Bulc to the European rail freight sector that “rail ...
News / North American railroads enjoy strong third quarter, despite Hurricane Harvey
Hurricane Harvey failed to derail North American operators as intermodal revenue continued to rise in the ...
Recommends / Truckers from western Europe break posted workers rules
There are few better media outlets that cover EU policymaking than Euractive, and this report ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 3.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 4.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 5.South Korean carriers SinoKor and Heung-A to merge container operations
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?