People / Kari-Pekka Laaksonen appointed new group CEO at Samskip
Pan-European transport service provider Samskip has appointed former Containerships chief executive Kari-Pekka Laaksonen as its ...
Comment / Supply chain radar: Panalpina talks back – "context and culture are very different" ocean head says
After all manner of news, rumour and speculation surrounding the possible outcome of DSV’s ~ ...
News / Expecting demand boom, Samskip introduces pre-Brexit peak surcharge
European shortsea shipping line and multimodal operator Samskip is planning a pre-Brexit peak volume surcharge ...
News / Samskip targets intra-Europe shortsea traffic with new Italy-Netherlands rail service
Icelandic shipping line and multimodal operator Samskip has launched a direct rail service between the ...
People / Birkir Hólm Guðnason to take CEO chair at Samskip
Following the resignation of Pálmar Óli Magnússon as chief executive, Samskip, the Icelandic shipping line ...
News / Samskip boosts its presence in Norway with acquisition of Nor Lines
Samskip, Europe’s largest multimodal and shortsea container operator, is to acquire Nor Lines from DSD ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: FedEx between a rock and a hard place after disastrous M&A
- 2.Korean Air Cargo suspends transport and cargo handling services at three hubs
- 3.Panalpina's half-year results: 'a respectable achievement' or 'shockingly bad'?
- 4.Carriers vs forwarders – who is going to represent forwarders' interests in carriers' blockchain plans?
- 5.Driver shortage 'not a big deal', although wages are on the rise
- 1. Rajeev S Babu on Shippers bemoan liner capacity cuts this peak season
- 2. Scott Kelly on Amazon rolls out Transparency fake goods detector system to Europe, Canada and India
- 3. Alex Lennane on Skou: going all the way in the transformation of AP Møller-Maersk
- 4. MBENSPEED@GMAIL.COM on Skou: going all the way in the transformation of AP Møller-Maersk
- 5. Wageih Fawzy Helal Abdel rheem on DHL Freight announces peak season surcharge for shipments across Europe