Feeder operators Headlines
News / Charter market provides a welcome boost for owners of smaller containerships
Owners of smaller containerships, with limited exposure to the volatile deepsea east-west trades, are enjoying increases in ...
News / Shortsea operators suffer as new ocean alliances put feeders out of work
Hub-and-spoke feeder calls have fallen “drastically” following this year’s deepsea container carrier alliance reshuffle. According to X-Press Feeders’ ...
News / Investors spot a gap and move in on secondhand feeder vessel market
A lack of orders for smaller containerships over the past few years, with operators focused on ...
News / Rhenus ups its stake in Arkon to 'significantly increase' shortsea and feeder offering
Rhenus Group has increased its shareholding in German ship manager Arkon Shipping to 40% and ...
News / Already hard-hit feeder operators paying the price as bunker costs soar
Bunker prices doubled last year, ending at around $300 per tonne for heavy fuel oil (HFO) ...
News / Dockworkers protesting over cargo lashing by ships' crews plan demo outside Unifeeder HQ
Dockworkers are planning a “noisy and active” protest outside the Aarhus headquarters of Europe’s largest ...
News / Feeder operators forced to revamp schedules and alliances after Hanjin collapse
Feeder operators caught out by Hanjin Shipping’s bankruptcy have been forced to re-jig their service ...
News / 'Thinking outside the box and using common feeders could save container lines millions'
Cash-strapped deepsea container lines could achieve around $250m of annual “hidden value” cost savings in the ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 3.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 4.Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?