The near-shoring shift Headlines
Comment / Ports with vision can return to the heart of business life as new enablers of trade
Although we live in an era of continual and unprecedented disruption to supply chains – ...
News / 'Leaving Chinese factories to source elsewhere will hit your speed to market'
Apparel manufacturers and brands looking to diversify their sourcing from China are likely to be ...
News / Logistics at the crossroads as the rise of the 'megacity' impacts supply chains
The global logistics industry has been described as being at a “critical juncture”. According to a ...
News / 3PLs can profit from technology-driven shift in manufacturing strategy
3PLs could see higher profit margins from the manufacturing sector this year – but while this will ...
News / Globalisation a stumbling block to efforts to shorten supply chains, say shippers
Despite efforts by shippers to shorten supply chains and induce a near-shoring shift, the structure of ...
Comment / 'Near-shoring shift' a more serious threat than bigger ships/smaller loads paradox
An opinion piece last week in The Loadstar responded to the likelihood that a series ...
Recommends / Near-shoring gains traction as globalisation stalls
Excellent cost-benefit analysis of the near-shoring phenomenon as the backlash against globalisation continues. The continued ...
News / XPO Logistics decides to keep Con-way full-truckload unit to capitalise on growing US-Mexico traffic
XPO Logistics has revealed that will retain the full-truckload (FTL) business unit of Con-way Freight, which ...
Recommends / Adidas wants to make sneakers with more robots and fewer Chinese factories
One response to rising labour costs in Asia, particularly China, is to go headlong down ...
News / Malaysia and Taiwan overtake China as the world's top manufacturing locations
It is now official: China is no longer the favourite country to build new factories. The ...
- 1.UPS major healthcare offensive aims to exploit current FedEx weakness
- 2.Analysis: CMA CGM's saving of Ceva is not by magic, there will be pain
- 3.Maersk’s OceanPro innovates in logistics industry through tech start-ups
- 4.Market Insight: The Toll Group horror show, one nasty piece at a time
- 5.Another step to becoming 'a global integrator': Maersk in 4PL contract with Syngenta
- 1. Campisa on US warehouse supply catches up with demand, but rates remain lofty
- 2. Alex Lennane on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules
- 3. Bill Fostwick on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules
- 4. Alex Lennane on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules
- 5. John Q Publicus on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules