Panama Canal Headlines
News / GPA unveils ambitious plans for huge expansion at the port of Savannah
Georgia Ports Authority (GPA) has underscored its ambition to maintain growth at the port of ...
News / Revitalised Panama Canal now eyes expansion of port and logistics capacity
Following a strong year in terms of growth in vessel transits, the Panama Canal Authority ...
LongRead / New Loadstar LongRead: The Panama Canal
Since it opened its enlarged locks, the Panama Canal has won back all its market ...
Recommends / US ports rent rises the effect of Panama Canal expansion
Larger ships are sending up real estate prices around US ports, according to new analysis. The ...
News / Transpacific box trade will get a new market leader after Cosco's OOCL buy
The transpacific container shipping market is set for a fundamental change if Cosco completes its acquisition of ...
News / One year on, the expanded Panama Canal still 'surpassing expectations'
The Panama Canal Authority (ACP) yesterday celebrated the first anniversary of the opening of the ...
News / US shale gas boom a bonus for carriers as Panama Canal reduces some tolls
Container lines using the Panama Canal are set to benefit from an unexpected boom in shale ...
Recommends / Panama Canal requests industry feedback on its proposed toll changes
The Panama Canal is asking for industry feedback on plans to adjust its toll structure. ...
News / Another 100+ panamax box ships must be scrapped to boost charter rates
At least 100 panamax-class containerships need to be scrapped if owners are to see charter ...
Recommends / Panama Canal to reduce booking slots due to transit delays
Panama Canal Authority (ACP) has suffered its second hiccup in as many weeks following an otherwise successful ...
- 1.Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 2.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 3.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 4.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 5.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?