Multimodal 2018 Headlines
People / Freight forwarding apprenticeships set to address UK's skills shortage
The British International Freight Association (BIFA) has urged UK freight forwarders to take advantage of ...
News / Deepsea container freight rates hold on to last week's gains as vessel utilisation rises
Today’s Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) comprehensive index was up 2.1% this week reflecting a ...
News / Forwarding not ready for full customs declarations at new EU-UK border
Logistics industry fears are growing after Brexit minister David Davis gave his clearest indication yet that ...
News / 3PLs must invest now in a digital future, or they will 'simply get squashed'
Technology providers have urged shippers and freight forwarders to embrace the wave of digitisation and ...
News / Logistics – 'the new retail' – needs to listen to the customer, not follow trends
Retailers must focus on what customers want – as opposed to keeping up with the trends of ...
News / Aim younger: logistics is going to need more than a million more employees
Logistics firms and their education advisors are now targeting children as young as 14 in ...
- 1.'Several hundred' boxes lost overboard in new transpacific vessel casualty
- 2.Amazon Air close to building a freighter network to carry third-party volumes
- 3.Kuehne + Nagel set to buy Asian forwarder Apex – its largest takeover yet
- 4.Carriers eye alternate ports as congestion at LA-Long Beach tightens
- 5.Shipping lines start to give Myanmar a miss as protests impact supply chains
- 1. [email protected] on UK fashion houses hit out at post-Brexit 'hidden costs' for EU customers
- 2. Mike Wackett on Shipper credulity strained after 2M's last-minute Asia-Europe blanking
- 3. [email protected] on Manila terminal chief pleads with owners to collect cargo as reefers pile up
- 4. [email protected] on Mind the gap: Netherlands vs Belgium in the container port business
- 5. [email protected] on Big ambitions at Gdansk, but infrastructure could be a snag