Talking shop: the retail business Headlines
News / US retailers continue to scramble to bring goods in to beat new tariffs
US container import volumes continued to surge over the summer, ahead of more tariff hikes ...
Recommends / China pledges to hit back as more US tariffs are promised
Remember this? “Trade wars are good, and easy to win.” That is not looking like ...
News / Amazon Prime Day – 175 million online purchases to be delivered
Now in its fifth year, Amazon’s Prime Day has become an online shopping orgy of ...
Recommends / Walmart to invest $1.2bn in China to upgrade logistics
Walmart seems optimistic that the US and China can overcome their trade differences, and has ...
News / Volatile markets push inventory levels up as supply chains are reassessed
Inventory levels have risen over the past decade, with the expected trend of reducing stock ...
News / GAC to expand Asia-Pacific contract logistics footprint as demand spikes
Dubai-based logistics group GAC plans to expand its Asia-Pacific contract logistics operations as regional growth, ...
Recommends / US CEO says trade war is shifting focus to sourcing over selling
US apparel and footwear businesses are facing a tariffs headwind that will see their focus ...
News / Shippers need to focus more on 'demand chains' and less on supply chains
Companies need to focus more on “demand chains” and less on supply chains if they ...
People / Marc Porta to lead Kerry subsidiaries in Spain and Portugal
Kerry Logistics has appointed Marc Porta (pictured above) as managing director of its subsidiaries in ...
News / Tigers beefs up its digital logistics offering with 'a world first' – SmartHub:Connect
Hong Kong-based 3PL Tigers has beefed-up its digital logistics capabilities with what it claims is ...
- 1.UPS major healthcare offensive aims to exploit current FedEx weakness
- 2.Analysis: CMA CGM's saving of Ceva is not by magic, there will be pain
- 3.Another step to becoming 'a global integrator': Maersk in 4PL contract with Syngenta
- 4.M&A radar: 3 targets for DSV Panalpina... why not 30? But only one stands out
- 5.The biggest challenge for forwarders in India is getting cargo through the airports
- 1. Campisa on US warehouse supply catches up with demand, but rates remain lofty
- 2. Alex Lennane on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules
- 3. Bill Fostwick on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules
- 4. Alex Lennane on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules
- 5. John Q Publicus on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules