News / FMC cracks down on alliances after complaints of 'unreasonable practices'
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has tightened the screws on the three major ocean ...
News / Wave of Asian imports engulfs more US ports, driving up costs
The wave of imports that has overwhelmed Los Angeles and Long Beach has spread to ...
News / Truckers call for waiver of demurrage charges at congested Californian ports
The chronic congestion that has plagued the US port complex of Los Angeles and Long ...
People / Former FMC chief William Doyle to take the reins at Port of Baltimore
Maryland state transport secretary Greg Slater has appointed former FMC commissioner William Doyle as the ...
News / FMC commissioners call for federal support for 'struggling' box terminal operators
The US federal government should consider stepping in to help container terminal operators stay in ...
News / Carriers apply for emergency anti-trust exemption on US-Caribbean trades
Three of the largest US container shipping carriers have applied to the Federal Maritime Commission ...
News / THE Alliance formally adopts HMM as a new member and boosts ‘contingency fund’
THE Alliance members have filed an amended version of their vessel-sharing agreement (VSA), to incorporate new ...
News / Backing for FMC probe into controversial demurrage and detention charges
No party in the sea freight supply chain wants to incur additional charges on a ...
News / ONE could quit South Africa trade in response to merger rejection
The decision of the South African Competition Commission to block the merger of the container ...
News / Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
Container shipping line share prices declined sharply today after news that US Department of Justice (DoJ) investigators served ...
- 1.Outlook for large widebodies looks chilly in a hot freighter conversion market
- 2.ONE Apus and Maersk Eindhoven may be back on course this month
- 3.Shipping lines start to give Myanmar a miss as protests impact supply chains
- 4.M&A radar: AP Møller-Mærsk LCL benchmark deal rumoured – our shortlist
- 5.Amazon Air close to building a freighter network to carry third-party volumes
- 1. [email protected] on UK fashion houses hit out at post-Brexit 'hidden costs' for EU customers
- 2. Mike Wackett on Shipper credulity strained after 2M's last-minute Asia-Europe blanking
- 3. [email protected] on Manila terminal chief pleads with owners to collect cargo as reefers pile up
- 4. [email protected] on Mind the gap: Netherlands vs Belgium in the container port business
- 5. [email protected] on Big ambitions at Gdansk, but infrastructure could be a snag