News / Truckers call for waiver of demurrage charges at congested Californian ports
The chronic congestion that has plagued the US port complex of Los Angeles and Long ...
People / Former FMC chief William Doyle to take the reins at Port of Baltimore
Maryland state transport secretary Greg Slater has appointed former FMC commissioner William Doyle as the ...
News / FMC commissioners call for federal support for 'struggling' box terminal operators
The US federal government should consider stepping in to help container terminal operators stay in ...
News / Carriers apply for emergency anti-trust exemption on US-Caribbean trades
Three of the largest US container shipping carriers have applied to the Federal Maritime Commission ...
News / THE Alliance formally adopts HMM as a new member and boosts ‘contingency fund’
THE Alliance members have filed an amended version of their vessel-sharing agreement (VSA), to incorporate new ...
News / Backing for FMC probe into controversial demurrage and detention charges
No party in the sea freight supply chain wants to incur additional charges on a ...
News / ONE could quit South Africa trade in response to merger rejection
The decision of the South African Competition Commission to block the merger of the container ...
News / Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
Container shipping line share prices declined sharply today after news that US Department of Justice (DoJ) investigators served ...
- 1.Container shortage crisis spreads to intra-Asia trades, driving prices higher
- 2.Asia’s largest shipbreaking town beached like never before
- 3.EXCLUSIVE: 'Safety first' as Volga-Dnepr grounds its AN-124 fleet indefinitely
- 4.'Abusive' ocean carriers driving forwarders to air freight, and rates are rising
- 5.'Forwarders are with us' as we drive into logistics, says Maersk
- 1. Clive Broadhead on More misery for UK importers: Maersk hikes haulage tariff on Brexit Day
- 2. Rayhan ahmed on Covid panic and delays at Shanghai Airport as cargo workers test positive
- 3. Richard Bollard on More misery for UK importers: Maersk hikes haulage tariff on Brexit Day
- 4. Chris Osborne on Ocean carriers 'really kicking us while we are down', say forwarders
- 5. Ian Forrest on Ocean carriers 'really kicking us while we are down', say forwarders