Asia-US west coast Headlines
News / Spot rates to Europe continue to provide seasonal bonuses for carriers
Container spot rates from Asia to North Europe are now 130% higher than at the ...
News / Ocean carriers 'really kicking us while we are down', say forwarders
Ocean carriers are racking up massive profits from the unrelenting spiral of rate hikes and ...
News / Zim – 'a strong operational and financial performance' in a difficult 2019
Despite a marginal decline in volumes, Israeli container carrier Zim has reported significant improvement in ...
News / Carriers set to cut Asia-USWC capacity in response to weakening outlook
Capacity on the transpacific Asia-US west coast tradelane will be cut by some 7,000 teu ...
News / Transpacific spot rate slump continues amid global trade uncertainty
Today’s Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) saw spot rates tumble again on the transpacific, as ...
News / Asia-USWC tradelane will recover, despite trade war 'shenanigans'
OOCL has advised its customers it will blank two more voyages between Asia and the ...
News / Asia-Europe carriers struggle, but transpacific could see new front-loading boost
Asia-North Europe carriers continue to discount rates to fill their ships, suggesting that the usual pre-peak ...
News / April import boost for US ports may be the 'quiet before the tariff storm'
Container imports last month at the 10 largest US box terminals increased by 6.6% year ...
News / Carrier hopes for price hikes tumble with spot rate declines on major routes
Container spot rates seem to have shrugged off carriers’ attempts to add an emergency bunker ...
News / Container spot rates hold steady, but carrier hopes price rises will stick are fading
Container freight rates on the major headhaul trades from Asia stabilised this week, however, they remain ...
- 1.Outlook for large widebodies looks chilly in a hot freighter conversion market
- 2.ONE Apus and Maersk Eindhoven may be back on course this month
- 3.M&A radar: AP Møller-Mærsk LCL benchmark deal rumoured – our shortlist
- 4.Shipper and haulier anger at Liverpool as UK port congestion spreads north
- 5.No sympathy for carriers from shippers who must foot the bill for bunker hikes
- 1. [email protected] on UK fashion houses hit out at post-Brexit 'hidden costs' for EU customers
- 2. Mike Wackett on Shipper credulity strained after 2M's last-minute Asia-Europe blanking
- 3. [email protected] on Manila terminal chief pleads with owners to collect cargo as reefers pile up
- 4. [email protected] on Mind the gap: Netherlands vs Belgium in the container port business
- 5. [email protected] on Big ambitions at Gdansk, but infrastructure could be a snag