Asia-US west coast Headlines
News / Ocean carriers 'really kicking us while we are down', say forwarders
Ocean carriers are racking up massive profits from the unrelenting spiral of rate hikes and ...
News / Zim – 'a strong operational and financial performance' in a difficult 2019
Despite a marginal decline in volumes, Israeli container carrier Zim has reported significant improvement in ...
News / Carriers set to cut Asia-USWC capacity in response to weakening outlook
Capacity on the transpacific Asia-US west coast tradelane will be cut by some 7,000 teu ...
News / Transpacific spot rate slump continues amid global trade uncertainty
Today’s Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) saw spot rates tumble again on the transpacific, as ...
News / Asia-USWC tradelane will recover, despite trade war 'shenanigans'
OOCL has advised its customers it will blank two more voyages between Asia and the ...
News / Asia-Europe carriers struggle, but transpacific could see new front-loading boost
Asia-North Europe carriers continue to discount rates to fill their ships, suggesting that the usual pre-peak ...
News / April import boost for US ports may be the 'quiet before the tariff storm'
Container imports last month at the 10 largest US box terminals increased by 6.6% year ...
News / Carrier hopes for price hikes tumble with spot rate declines on major routes
Container spot rates seem to have shrugged off carriers’ attempts to add an emergency bunker ...
News / Container spot rates hold steady, but carrier hopes price rises will stick are fading
Container freight rates on the major headhaul trades from Asia stabilised this week, however, they remain ...
- 1.EXCLUSIVE: 'Safety first' as Volga-Dnepr grounds its AN-124 fleet indefinitely
- 2.We'll carry on flying says Antonov Airlines, despite Russia's AN-124 engine worries
- 3.ZH: 'Pandemic is over' – former Pfizer chief science officer says 'second wave' faked on false-positive Covid tests
- 4.Container shortage crisis spreads to intra-Asia trades, driving prices higher
- 5.More misery for UK importers: Maersk hikes haulage tariff on Brexit Day
- 1. Ann on More misery for UK importers: Maersk hikes haulage tariff on Brexit Day
- 2. George on EXCLUSIVE: 'Safety first' as Volga-Dnepr grounds its AN-124 fleet indefinitely
- 3. Ram Nair on 'Forwarders are with us' as we drive into logistics, says Maersk
- 4. Peter John on 'Forwarders are with us' as we drive into logistics, says Maersk
- 5. Vincent on Carriers 'using pandemic to boost profits' claim, as Asia-Europe rates explode