Demurrage & Detention Headlines
Recommends / STB tackles rail demurrage issue head on
The Surface Transportation Board (STB), the US regulatory body that covers rail and road transport, ...
News / Poor infrastructure hobbles improvements in West Africa container terminals
Monopolisation and vested interests are holding back container terminal improvements in West Africa, as landside ...
News / Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
Forwarders are being warned to consider themselves the ‘principal’ when it comes to container transport, ...
News / Fury at carrier demurrage and detention fees – 'profiting from port congestion'
Shippers and BCOs at the JOC TPM Conference in Long Beach this week are almost ...
News / FMC to standardise container detention and demurrage across the US
US shipping regulatory body the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) is to introduce revised rules covering container detention ...
News / There must be a 'win-win' element in container line service contracts
Container carriers and customers need to work together to develop annual contracts that ensure shippers ...
Recommends / US regulator demands 'transparency' in fees for containers
A seven-month investigation by the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) is set to see the ...
News / Cyber attack still haunting Maersk as it struggles to recapture volumes
Maersk Line continues to struggle to regain its cargo volumes after the ransomware cyber attack ...
- 1.UPS and FedEx peak season delivery charges 'have more lasting bite this year'
- 2.Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 3.LNG: the fuel of the future for containerships, or a 'disastrous' option?
- 4.Supply chain radar: Watch out for week 51 at Ceva Logistics. Happy Xmas?
- 5.M&A radar: DSV Panalpina – here's the latest from Miami...
- 1. Erica Joseph on Freight forwarders back new president's drive to fight Customs corruption in Nigeria
- 2. Derrick on WiseTech shares suspended after profit allegations
- 3. Jon on Carriers may have halted container rate erosion, just as contract talks loom
- 4. Jon on Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 5. Anoop on Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier