News / Box carriers sail towards a tipping point of ocean freight rates and fuel
The bellwether Shanghai Container Freight Index (SCFI) did not publish today, due to the national holiday ...
News / Transpac fears as pressure on spot rates hardens, but Asia-Europe is calmer
Container spot rates on the transpacific tradelane softened again this week, carriers losing all the November ...
Recommends / Airfreight rate rises – is the process out of date?
In an age where flexible pricing is becoming the norm (Uber, petrol stations, passenger air ...
News / Freight rate news is rough, but there may be smoother sailing ahead for container lines
Bids to raise prices by Asia-Europe ocean carriers have so far failed to lift container spot ...
News / Container shipping rates still falling, but forward data points to an 'upward trend'
Container spot rates from Asia to Europe slid for the second week running, but held ...
News / Forwarders see dark skies for airfreight as Emirates raises prices 'to make operations viable'
Emirates SkyCargo says it has been forced to raise its rates as it struggles to ...
Recommends / EU to accept antitrust offer from 15 shipping lines as probe draws to a close
It looks as if the EU investigation into the shipping lines is coming to a ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd first ocean carrier to ditch GRIs and go FAK in bid to stop falling box rates
Hapag-Lloyd is to abandon general rate increases (GRIs) and next month will set minimum FAK [freight all kinds] rates ...
News / Carriers pin hopes on GRIs as Asia-North Europe rates approach an all-time low
Another week of double-digit declines on the major Asia-Europe trades as today’s Shanghai Containerised Freight ...
Comment / Desperate Asia-Europe carriers hope new GRIs will kickstart a happier new year
CMA CGM has announced a general rate increase on all containers carried between Asian and ...
- 1.Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 2.UPS and FedEx peak season delivery charges 'have more lasting bite this year'
- 3.LNG: the fuel of the future for containerships, or a 'disastrous' option?
- 4.Up to 165 Panalpina jobs may be lost as DSV relocates Basel operation to Denmark
- 5.M&A radar: DSV Panalpina – the 'brain drain' spreads to Toronto, with K+N & Flexport sniffing
- 1. Derrick on US retail supply chains may not cope with a bumper holiday season
- 2. Erica Joseph on Freight forwarders back new president's drive to fight Customs corruption in Nigeria
- 3. Derrick on WiseTech shares suspended after profit allegations
- 4. Jon on Carriers may have halted container rate erosion, just as contract talks loom
- 5. Jon on Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier