Containers vs conventional Headlines
2019 the 'calm before the storm' for conventional reefer shipping, says analyst
Last year was the “calm before the storm” for conventional reefer shipping, according to Dynamar. The ...
Growth in reefer traffic outpacing dry boxes as global demand for perishables rises
Growth of reefer traffic is outpacing that of the overall container trade, thanks to growing worldwide ...
Seatrade, the world's largest reefer ship operator, goes containers
Seatrade has expanded its use of container vessels on its Fast Direct Dedicated (FDD) service ...
Aggressive marketing by box lines a banana skin for Star Reefers in Q3
Conventional reefer carrier Star Reefers sailed dramatically into the red in the third quarter, blaming reduced ...
New port of Moin and wider Panama Canal could prove fruitful for Latin growers
New container terminals prioritising reefer boxes, along with the expanded Panama Canal, could be a catalyst ...
Container lines going bananas to grab a bit more market share
Banana growers are turning to container lines for spot market shipping, helping to further erode ...
Reefer ships stage a comeback, thanks to cheap oil, but more perishables are shipped in boxes
Further containerisation of seaborne perishable is happening, despite a slowdown in conventional reefer vessel scrapping in ...
APM Terminals buys Fratelli Orsero's Vado reefer terminal
APM Terminals is set to enter the Italian conventional reefer market after agreeing to acquire ...
Canadian National Railway invests in increasing its cold chain capacity
Canadian National Railway is investing C$20m in reefer containers and generators to boost its cold ...
- 1.Outlook for large widebodies looks chilly in a hot freighter conversion market
- 2.ONE Apus and Maersk Eindhoven may be back on course this month
- 3.Singapore port congestion pushing up waiting time, cargo rollovers and rates
- 4.Shipper and haulier anger at Liverpool as UK port congestion spreads north
- 5.No sympathy for carriers from shippers who must foot the bill for bunker hikes
- 1. [email protected] on UK fashion houses hit out at post-Brexit 'hidden costs' for EU customers
- 2. Mike Wackett on Shipper credulity strained after 2M's last-minute Asia-Europe blanking
- 3. [email protected] on Manila terminal chief pleads with owners to collect cargo as reefers pile up
- 4. [email protected] on Mind the gap: Netherlands vs Belgium in the container port business
- 5. [email protected] on Big ambitions at Gdansk, but infrastructure could be a snag