People / Rob Waterman the new CEO at Containerships, as Claude Lebel retires
CMA CGM-owned Containerships has appointed Rob Waterman (pictured above) as its new chief executive. Mr Waterman ...
People / Containerships CEO Kari-Pekka Laaksonen resigns
Finnish shortsea carrier Containerships has announced that chief executive Kari-Pekka Laaksonen (pictured above) has resigned. In ...
Merger with MacAndrews means OPDR shipping name will disappear after 135 years
CMA CGM has announced that from 1 January, it will merge its shortsea subsidiaries, MacAndrews ...
Recommends / Markings on a container – what do they mean?
It says it in the title. In this blog, explaining maritime terms to the layman, ...
News / CMA CGM stays positive, despite 'unsatisfactory' third-quarter results
CMA CGM reported a $268m net loss in the third quarter, despite efforts to focus ...
News / Big ship craze spreads to UK shortsea shipping, but will VGM rule drive cargo to the roads?
The big ship craze appears to have spread to the shortsea shipping industry serving the ...
Comment / Can CMA CGM actually afford to finance the biggest takeover in shipping history?
As long as due diligence doesn’t uncover nasty surprises and the buyer is able to ...
- 1.Supply chain radar: UPS & DSV face reckoning as CH Robinson smashes expectations
- 2.Analysis: DSV Panalpina and the spoiled kids – next deal now!
- 3.Air freight rates still rising: 'the last thing shippers want in this market'
- 4.Plan for cargo hub at Manston Airport seriously flawed, says consultant
- 5.IAG Cargo passenger-freighter strategy pays off as yields rocket
- 1. Rayhan ahmed on Lawmakers question Swissport over $170m in Covid-19 funds
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Plan for cargo hub at Manston Airport seriously flawed, says consultant
- 3. Peter Forbes on Plan for cargo hub at Manston Airport seriously flawed, says consultant
- 4. Rayhan ahmed on AirBridgeCargo ready for surge in freighter volumes in Asia Pacific peak season
- 5. David Brent on Market talk: anger and sadness as Panalpina sign falls at Basel HQ