News / LNG the fuel of the future for box ships on cost, but is there a cleaner solution?
LNG delivers the best return on investment (ROI) for container shipping lines, according to a ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd's third-quarter turnaround sees it steam back into profit
A third quarter performance “at the upper end of our expectations” saw Hapag-Lloyd recover all ...
News / Investors worry as major box lines still falter on strategy for low-sulphur laws
Investors are increasingly concerned that, with only 18 months to go until the IMO’s 0.5% ...
News / Time pressure on carriers to decide on scrubbers or more expensive greener fuel
With just over 18 months until the IMO’s 0.5% sulphur cap regulations come into force, ...
News / Survey - shipowners shun scrubbers in advance of 2020 low-sulphur rules
A survey of shipowners by Drewry reveals that two thirds are preparing to bunker their ...
News / Maersk hints at using LNG in post-2020 low sulphur shipping
Maersk Line is considering converting some of its ships to run on LNG fuel ahead ...
News / Rising oil price poses another profitablity problem for containership operators
Escalating fuel prices are posing a renewed risk to carrier profitability, adding to the twin ...
News / 'Prepare your vessels for new lower emissions rules or face the consequences'
Ships that do not comply with the forthcoming 0.5% sulphur cap on fuel oil could ...
News / Unifeeder launches first retrofitted LNG-powered shortsea box ship
European operator Unifeeder has launched the world’s first shortsea containership with a retrofitted LNG fuel system. The duel-fuelled, ...
News / 'LNG won't save us from harmful emissions, but it is a bridge to cleaner fuels'
Classification society DNV GL has dismissed claims that using LNG (liquefied natural gas) to power ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 3.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 4.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 5.South Korean carriers SinoKor and Heung-A to merge container operations
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?